Let’s face it, no industry is moving faster than health care. And no organization is better positioned to move health care forward than UnitedHealth Group. We're out to use data, technology and people in ways that help drive change and make the health care system work better for everyone. As part of our clinical support team, you will be a key component in customer satisfaction and have a responsibility to make every contact informative, productive and positive. Take this opportunity to work with a Fortune 10 industry leader.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week). Employees are required to have flexibility to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 7:00am - 6:00pm CST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends. Our office is located at 4350 Lockhill Selma Road, San Antonio, TX 78249.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert for other team members
- Manage specific cases where the Intake process has escalated and move the case to resolution
- Collaborate & execute on department projects for process improvement
- Work with cross-functional teams and clinical partners to resolve interdepartmental challenges
- Manage the intake of members or the admission/discharge information post notification
- Work with hospitals, clinics, facilities and the clinical team to manage requests for services
- Manage the prior authorizations, including intake, notification and census roles
- Resolve inquiries from members and/or providers
Part of the challenge here is dealing positively with members and providers in sometimes challenging circumstances. As a subject matter expert, you’ll also be the “go-to” resource for information. The flexibility to work evening hours will also be required.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of experience analyzing and solving customer problems
- 2+ years of experience working in the health care industry
- 2+ years of experience working with medical terminology
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word (create and maintain documents), Excel (create and maintain spreadsheets) and Outlook(email and calendaring)
- Knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT codes
- Ability to work any of our 8-hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 7:00am - 6:00pm CST. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekend
- Experience working with health care insurance
- Experience in a hospital, physician's office or medical clinic setting
- Clerical or administrative support background or experience working in a call center environment
- Experience working with Medicare and/or Medicaid Services
- Experience with internal systems used including TruCare, IKA, RightFax, ePRG and SharePoint
- Strong ability to work independently and source information in an electronic environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills with exceptional soft skills
- High sense of attention to detail
Military & Veterans find your next mission:
We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Intake UM Coordinator, WellMed, Healthcare, Bilingual, Data Entry, Associate Patient Care Coordinator, Patient Services Rep, Patient Care Tech, Medical Office Specialist, Call CenterSan Antonio, TX, Texas, hiring immediately, #RPO