At Koneksa, we are focused on using new technologies to improve clinical research and drug development. We help leading life sciences companies and research hospitals remotely capture real-world data from patients. Our projects deploy digital health technologies such as FDA approved activity trackers, wearable vital sign monitors, and other emerging monitoring devices that collect data outside the clinical and laboratory setting. We are developing digital biomarkers that help our customers make faster decisions, often using smaller studies, with technologies that enhance the experience of the patients who participate.
We're on a constant quest to improve the tools and endpoints that are used to get the right new therapies to patients who need them. Our experienced and diverse team challenges traditional development paradigms to work at the intersection of what some would consider competing forces—compliance and innovation. At Koneksa, we believe that science, technology, analytics, and agile learning experiences are core drivers to develop patient-centric solutions that enable our customers to make faster decisions in clinical trials.
We are looking for an experienced Sr. DevOps Engineer who enjoys working in a fast-paced, agile environment and enjoys mentoring their colleagues. This team’s role is to continuously work in building a self-deploying infrastructure and software system. Along with those features we are continuously making additions to our monitoring solution to promote a secure, self-healing, self-scaling environment all in support of our company SLA’s.
As a team, we enjoy solving problems in a collaborative way, where solutions come from a partnership when each member contributes through their unique capabilities as well as technical synergy. We work alongside software Engineering and DataScience organizations to ensure stability, performance, and continuous improvement.
This position reports to the VP DevOps and requires availability and motivation to work on 24/7 rotating on-call shifts. The preferred location is close to NYC, but a remote location might be considered.
- Participate in capacity, and performance road map planning for our containerized infrastructure
- Assist with implementation of our Platform as a Service (PaaS) , Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Software as a Service (SaaS)
- Maintain and refine configuration management and process automation systems
- Identify and recommend new technologies that will further benefit our systems and network operations
- Analyze and recommend new technology for all layers of our software stack, including operating systems and services
- Identify opportunities for improving security, reliability, and scalability of our containerized infrastructure
- Work with other teams in the organization such as Engineering, SQA and Data Science to improve workflows, their technology stacks and communication
- Take part in 24/7 on-call rotations
- 5+ years of related experience, preferably in AWS cloud-based Linux infrastructure and services VPC, ALB, Security, Networking, DNS, IAM (Roles & Policies), lambda, EKS, RDS(MySql and Postgres), Elasticache, Elastic Container Service (Fargate), Elastic Container Registry, Elastic Kubernetes Service, Secrets Manager, Parameter Store, and Systems Manager
- Experience in managing and optimizing Mongo Atlas Clusters
- Experience and understanding in various programming languages such as python, node, typescript, golang, Bash, HCL, ruby and PHP
- Experience in streaming kafka and its related infrastructure
- Experience with Data Lake technologies
- Experience implementing a Service Mesh
- Experience in designing, building, and maintaining Kubernetes clusters and the containers that run inside them (Docker, cri-o, container-d).
- Hashicorp Suite (Terraform, Consul, Packer, etc) and their cloud counterparts
- Familiarity with network protocols and the OSI model
- Strong experience working with application metrics and performance monitoring, such as New Relic or like tools.
- Experience with Security monitoring tools such as Guard Duty, LaceWork and CrowdStrike.
- Experience with Orchestration for CI/CD. We prefer experience with ArgoCD but others such as Spinnaker,TravisCI, CircleCI are also desirable.
- Competitive salary
- Stock option scheme eligibility
- 100% covered employee healthcare. 50% dependent covered healthcare
- Employer 401(k) matching
- Choice of computer equipment
Koneksa Health, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Koneksa Health Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.