Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Along with Assoc. Finance Director, assist local plan in understanding financial performance of the Idaho Behavioral Health Plan contract as well as specific underlying accounts
- Maintain general ledger accounts and related activities for the production of financial statements and reports
- Prepare journal entries and reviews accounting classifications, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, collaborating with accounting personnel
- Reconcile certain general ledger accounts
- Prepare documentation in support of external and internal audits
- Perform ad hoc reporting and analysis and investigate issues providing explanations and interpretation
- Forecast staffing needs and partner with project managers, subject matter experts and leadership to develop workforce
- Collaborate with the Assoc. Finance Director and broader finance team to understand and demonstrate complex concepts in ways that lead to understanding by a variety of audiences
- Assist with preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Prioritize and organize work to meet deadlines
- Work proactively to identify areas of process improvement and streamline tasks
- Support financial reporting requirements to State in accordance with contract requirements
- Support similar contracts in other markets within Optum and/or as a back-up for certain financial functions
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
To be considered for this position, applicants need to meet the qualifications listed in this posting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent field
- Professional accounting and/or finance analyst experience
- Familiarity with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and financial statements
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Word and Excel (Pivot Table, Vlookups, SUMIFS, and ability to sort/filter data based on multiple criteria)
- Healthcare experience
- PeopleSoft ERP & Hyperion Essbase/Smartview experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $53,300 to $95,100. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Finance Analyst, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote