Senior Fund Accountant | Hybrid or Remote
Fund Accountant | Hybrid or Remote
Summary: A rapidly growing full-service Multifamily Real Estate company in the South Charlotte area is seeking to add two Fund Accountants to their team (Staff and Senior level)! These are newly created role is open purely due to company growth! This role performs accounting, reporting, and cash transactions for a portfolio of various private real estate ownership structures, including funds, joint ventures, REITs and oversees such work performed by a third-party fund administrator for certain funds. Primary asset classes include multifamily, self-storage and parking.
Location: Charlotte, NC - South Park
Senior Fund Accountant - $80,000 - $95,000 + 10-15% bonus
Fund Accountant - $65,000 - $75,000 + 10% bonus
PTO: Flexible PTO policy
DIRECT ACCOUTING AND REPORTING
- Prepare and record journal entries for banking activity, monthly accruals, property-related transactions such as purchase/sale or refinancing of investments held, partner capital account activity.
- Perform or oversee accounts payable process for assigned entities to ensure expenses are paid timely and recorded accurately.
- Calculate cash distributions in accordance with operating agreements, initiate cash payments to investors per required timelines, and record transactions in the general ledger.
- Perform month-end closing process including bank reconciliations, supporting all balance sheet accounts, and recording accruals and adjusting journal entries.
- Monitor and analyze all general ledger accounts to ensure activity is recorded timely and accurately. Research account activity as needed.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual financial statements and supporting workpapers.
- Prepare recurring and ad hoc reporting for owners/investors.
- Provide supporting documentation for tax return preparation and financial statement audits.
OVERSEE THIRD PARTY ADMINISTRATOR
- Establish and perform oversight procedures for accounting and reporting performed by third party administrator for certain private funds and REITs.
- Coordinate accounting and reporting services with third party administrator for new fund launches.
- Ensure accurate tracking of investor capital accounts.
- Maintain compliance with the relevant accounting and reporting provisions of the governing documents of each fund.
- Participate in special projects as needed.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives that support the growth strategy, strong system of internal controls and operational excellence.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting required
- Real estate fund accounting experience
- Public accounting audit experience or Real Estate industry experience
- Strong Excel required, Yardi Voyager experience preferred
- Experience performing and prioritizing multiple overlapping tasks