Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As a Senior Instructional Designer, you will be responsible for assessing training and organizational development needs, developing training programs, and/or conducting training sessions. We currently have one position for Senior Instructional Designer working within the Optum Enterprise Training Organization. This position will focus on OptumRx Pharmacy Services, specifically Industry Relations and Trade.
Part of Learning Solutions, our team breaks the mold on traditional design. As a team, we constantly consult on the needs, fill in gaps as needed regardless of roles, and remain proactive and agile in our approach. We leverage the individual areas of expertise of each team member to ensure that the end product meets our standard levels of excellence.
As a team, we work side-by-side in our development processes. We work in the moment, collaborating and partnering with every step.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Conduct training needs analysis for the business and developing all training materials
- Develop communications and activities to meet the organization's job/role requirements
- Conduct ongoing evaluations and assessments to ensure effectiveness of programs and recommending / implementing modifications as necessary
- Work with SMEs to obtain training content
- Design and development of online and web-based training materials
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED
- 5+ years of professional Instructional Design experience in a Corporate Training setting
- 5+ years of experience/knowledge in Adult Learning Theory and how to apply in the design of learning experiences
- 5+ Experience designing/developing instructor led and/or self-paced training materials
- 2+ years of experience managing and deploying projects
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Undergraduate degree
- MS Office proficiency
- Experience with Articulate, Adobe and/or other eLearning development software
- Video or multimedia recording and editing experience
- Storyboarding experience
- Technical Writing experience
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Instructional Design, Adult Learning, Corporate Training, Healthcare, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote