Senior Lease Accountant
About this Organization:
This is a non-profit organization that focuses on research and development for the greater good of the community. They utilize both science and technology to develop innovative solutions that advance and improve human health and safety. Their main goal is to work towards the betterment of humanity.Why take this Senior Lease Accountant position?
- Impactful role supporting an organization that is spearheading innovative solutions for health and human safety
- Competitive consultation compensation
- Entrepreneurial environment with high-pedigree team
- Continuous opportunity for professional growth as this is a complex environment where you will be exposed to many different business lines.
Responsibilities for Senior Lease Accountant
- Complete the implementation of the new lease standard focused software that has been obtained and needs to be fully operational by next fiscal year
- Responsible for testing the software and providing training to all staff who will be using the software
- Responsible for day-to-day accounting functions, financial period close, annual audit support and financial analysis as required
- Responsible for accounting and reconciliation of various general ledger accounts in accordance with company's accounting policies
- Develop, generate, review, and distribute financial management reports
- Participate in pre and post close variance analyses and provide meaningful insight to activity, trends, unusual and significant transactions
- Compile, review and/or approve journal entries
- Review transactions to ensure they are accounted for appropriately; if corrections are needed, ensure that these are processed timely and accurately
- Analyzing the strengths, weaknesses, and risks of existing project plans, as well as recommending improvements
- Collaborating across departments to set realistic project targets and timeframes
- Providing guidance and monitoring the progress made with each project stage
- Presenting project progress updates to senior executives
- Review the work of accounting staff and provide timely feedback.
- Assist with the maintenance of the accounting system and management of the interface between the various accounting modules and the general ledger.
Requirements for Successful Senior Lease Accountant
- Experience with lease accounting
- Experience with ERP software implantation, support, and training
- Clear communications skills both verbally and written, ability to multi-task on multiple projects with day-to-day work, and ad hoc request as they come up.