Are you looking to take your career from good to great? As an employee of PenFed, every day is an opportunity to thrive, and be part of a team working to ensure our organization is providing world class service to our members, employees, and our communities. We exist to help our members realize their full potential, educate and encourage their dreams, and make every effort to follow our mission and help our members “do better.” Joining PenFed is more than being an employee; it’s about being a part of the PenFed family.
PenFed is hiring a Senior Manager, Finance Transformation Data at our Tysons, Virginia location. The primary purpose of this job is to manage the Finance Transformation Data Team leading data governance, data quality, and data transformation change management. This position will affirm the finance department is utilizing data in an optimal manner, identify opportunities for simplification, provide advice on projects and initiatives, identify data related changes and dependencies, and assess appropriate balance of risk and control. The incumbent will apply knowledge of many disciplines including Business Process Analysis, Data Mapping, Change Management, Risk Management/Control and Data.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and the position will perform other duties as assigned.
- Manage the execution of data through shared experiences to transform the utility of the Finance team and ensure strategy, prioritization and execution of project plans align with project goals while applying advanced storytelling with data skills
- Promote data accuracy and adherence to data governance practices, as well as aligning with enterprise data standards and policies
- Advise relevant stakeholders on data related matters with a focus on the business use of the data, and provide recommendations and supporting documentation for data standards, business rules and policy
- Act as Subject Matter Expert on how data flows through the organization and interfaces into business processes, models and reporting needs to drive consistency and quality throughout the organization
- Proactively engage and collaborate with functional leaders, process owners, system users, and business leadership across the department to ensure assessment, requirements-gathering, design, and implementation data activities are developed, implemented, and validated with stakeholder input and align with the Enterprise Data Governance standards, governance processes, and overall best practices
- Maintain the process of creating and update data source systems
- Proactively sets performance expectations and help team members manage expectations for delivery and requirements, yielding consistent results
*This role is responsible for ensuring business continuity. *
Equivalent combination of education and experience is considered.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ relevant work experience with related data design, extraction and analysis in a Finance specific domain, associated processes, involved systems and data usage
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience in a management role
- BA/BS degree in finance, accounting, business, or related field. Working knowledge of financial systems and controls
- Collaborate across organizations to propose and influence solutions that meet business and functional objectives
- Strong knowledge of and experience with programming languages such as Python, and SQL
- Knowledge of and experience with data visualization/BI tools, such as PowerBI and Tableau
- Strong understanding of data management fundamentals, including concepts such as data dictionaries, data models, validation, analytics, and reporting; prior experience creating data architectures
- Understanding of Data Engineering and ability to manipulate raw data within visualization tools (e.g. Power BI and Tableau) to create effective dashboards and data analytics that visually communicate end-to-end data results
- Project Management skills including Agile, Communication Strategy and Management, Delivery Excellence and Requirements management
This position will supervise employees.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to an indoor office setting with moderate noise.
*Most roles require working in an office setting with moderate noise and the ability to lift 25 pounds.*
Ability to travel to various worksites and be on-call is required.
Special Message Regarding COVID 19
PenFed is continuing to hire and train exceptional individuals to help us serve our 2 million members both here and around the world. In light of the current situation with novel coronavirus (COVID-19), we have modified our hiring, onboarding, training, and deployment protocols in order to comply with current local and state guidance around social distancing.