Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Software engineering is the application of engineering to the design, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of software in a systematic method. The roles in this function will cover all primary development activity across all technology functions that ensure we deliver code with high quality for our applications, products and services and to understand customer needs and to develop product roadmaps.
These roles include, but are not limited to analysis, design, coding, engineering, testing, debugging, standards, methods, tools analysis, documentation, research and development, maintenance, new development, operations and delivery. With every role in the company, each position has a requirement for building quality into every output. This also includes evaluating new tools, new techniques, strategies; Automation of common tasks; build of common utilities to drive organizational efficiency with a passion around technology and solutions and influence of thought and leadership on future capabilities and opportunities to apply technology in new and innovative ways. Impact of work is most often at the operational or local business unit or market level.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Create solutions for business problems and process improvements related to Document Management
- Collaborate with the business to evaluate business goals, identify business problems, and design and propose innovative solutions to meet the needs of the business
- Identify areas of process improvements and build automated solutions to increase efficiency & productivity
- Drive some of the software engineering phases including requirements analysis, architecture & application design
- Lead and provide technical support to the delivery teams
- Lead and provide guidance to the solutions architecture team
- Ensure solution and delivery teams follows best practices and improve application performance
- Ensure team is building reusable components, frameworks and libraries which can be leveraged across department
- Ensure projects are delivered as designed in time
- Collaborate with and promote best practices to Optum partners.
- Work very closely with architecture groups and drive solutions
- Research and create Proof-of-Concepts
- Research, identify, and recommend industry best practices for solving business problems
- Design and develop innovative solutions using new technologies
- Work with the business to understand the goal, vision and strategy for the product
- Understand the system requirements and source systems to provide detail level solutions
- Provides leadership to and is accountable for the performance of managers and/or senior level professional staff
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in Systems Analysis or equivalent work experience involving analysis-related activities
- 5+ years of experience translating business requirements into system specifications, or equivalent work experience
- Intermediate skills in MS Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of best in class agile methodologies to work alongside scrum teams towards continual delivery of value
- Ability to Map existing applications / functionality to client / user requirements and balance / reconcile at all levels; including: gap analysis, flow, functionality, roles, fields, use cases, data, test plans, UAT plans, etc.
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Knowledge of Document management systems
- Experience facilitating Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions
- Experience in Healthcare industry
- Broad knowledge of hardware, software and programming tools
- Experience with Elastic Search
- Experience with XML
- Experience with REST API
- Experience with JSON data
- Experience with UI / UX design
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Good interpersonal and client-handling skills with the ability to manage expectations and explain technical detail
- Business awareness
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Manager, Software Engineering, Software Engineer, Software Developer, Software Development, Computer Programmer, Computer Programming, Web Developer, Web Development, Application Developer, Application Development, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota