Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Be a leader on the Optum Data Enablement team. Optum Data Enablement (ODE) is a set of capabilities to acquire, ingest, normalize, map, transform, enrich, and analyze healthcare data across a variety of formats from a wide variety of sources. Our team is a diverse set of experts in healthcare, big data, cloud technologies, automation, quality engineering, and machine learning, focused on building our best-of-breed data pipelines for analytic applications.
Our mission depends on hiring the best and the brightest. We are looking at candidates passionate about technology and problem solving and eager to share their vision and expertise with their team members.
- Many legacy Optum products feature their own data pipelines. To reduce customer friction, the Optum Data Enablement team is charged with consolidating the data acquisition processes across the Provider Engineering product portfolio.
- This role will work with architects, engineering, and implementation teams to integrate one or more existing products onto our ODE capabilities. Solutions will leverage the capabilities of AWS and/or Azure to build scalable, performant solutions.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Manage software engineering team of 5-10 developers and QA
- Provide technical leadership in architecture and design for software development in public cloud (AWS/Azure) and big data
- Review code and design on various aspects like extensibility, scalability, security, design patterns, etc. and ensure that all relevant best practices are followed
- Build solutions for given business problems by understanding various enterprise tools and technologies
- Work with capability managers to prioritize and estimate deliverables and manage sprints and releases
- Coach and mentor engineers
- Collaborate with stakeholders, business, and technical architects to ensure that a solution is accurate to deliver outcomes to the client and reliable from a technology perspective
- Lead others toward technical accomplishment, collaborative project team efforts and achievement of important project goals
- Independent communication with business partners to resolve design issues and negotiate project related items such as priorities and completion deadlines
- Enhance existing products as well as create new offerings utilizing the latest technology
- Collaborate closely with key leaders to develop strategic projects, plans and processes, streamline decision-making, and develop and manage an engineering team
- Act as a technical leader in internal/external teams including managing code reviews, post project analysis and clearly articulating throughout the duration of projects what is important to the project’s success and focuses on the critical few and priorities to improve
- Provide leadership for planning, recruiting and managing part of a world class technology, product development and application engineering team delivering a world class enterprise solutions portfolio and offering enabling services
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years professional software engineering or engineering management experience
- 3+ years of experience with writing and optimizing ETL code
- 2+ years of experience in public cloud environment (AWS or Azure) and Infrastructure as Code technologies (CloudFormation, Terraform, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience providing technical direction and vision to development teams
- 2+ years of experience with agile development methodologies such as scrum or Kanban
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple competing initiatives
- Proficiency with 1+ relational database technologies
- 2+ years software engineering management experience
- 2+ years hands-on experience writing Scala and/or Spark
- 1+ years of experience with containers and container orchestration tools like AWS ECS, Kubernetes, OpenShift
- 1+ years of experience with Terraform
- Healthcare domain experience
- Experience managing DevOps teams with both onshore and offshore resources
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people's lives. This is where it's happening. This is where you'll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We're freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it's needed. We're creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $94,500 to $171,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Senior Manager, Software Engineering, Management, Cloud, AWS, Scala, Spark, Big Data, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote