Oversee transportation operations within assigned area to ensure safe, professional and timely transport. Responsible for policy and procedure development, workflow scheduling, employee supervision and operational efficiency of assigned location(s). Responsible for understanding performance measurements and developing strategies to improve and meet requirements. works directly with manager of dispatch and customer service to ensure most efficient routing and customer demands are being met.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelors degree in Operations, Business Administration, Management or a related field required. (4 additional years of work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of bachelors degree.)
- Five or more years operational experience, including 3 or more years of management or supervisory experience in Logistics, Transportation or Delivery operation
- Excellent customer service and complaint resolution is a must
- Must be at least 25 years of age or older and able to pass a pre-employment Motor Vehicle Report
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Ability to analyze operational data, draw conclusions and make recommendations to senior management or consideration
- Ability to effectively manage staff and discipline/coach them when needed
- Ability to prioritize and manage a variety of simultaneous projects required
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor’s diagnosis of disease.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Logistics, Transportation or Delivery operation