SWBC continues to be a strong and stable employer during these challenging times and a vast majority of our interviewing and on-boarding is being done virtually due to COVID-19.
SWBC is seeking a talented individual to lead the company's accounting efforts in handling a variety of financial and supervisory tasks. This individual will be responsible for overseeing the contingent commission and profit share calculations associated with the Property and Casualty (P&C) lines of business as well as focusing on Refund and Loss Analytics and Projections.
Why you'll love this role:
In this role, you will be developing and communicating key analyses to senior level financial, product and executive management. Management will rely on the quality and timeliness of the information presented for recording results as well as aid in making strategic product and financial business decisions.
Essential duties include the following:
- Responsible for the accuracy of data and associated analyses pertaining to contingent commission and profit share calculations.
- Responsible for the accuracy of data and associated analyses pertaining to refund and other calculations.
- Oversees and coordinates data needs for external actuarial analyses as well as review and discuss key assumptions and results from analyses with senior management.
- Provide overall subject matter expertise to various internal departments including but not limited to SWBC Financial Planning & Analysis, SWBC Taxes and SWBC Controller departments.
- Utilize reporting and data extraction tools to support analysis of products and processes to support and to provide operational and strategic analysis support.
- Prepares and supports analyses in conjunction with external and internal audits of SWBC financial statements and operations.
- Assists with the implementation, development, and maintenance of financial systems as needed.
- Oversee programs and projects to ensure that goals and objectives of projects are accomplished within the given timeline and funding parameters.
- Ensure that obstacles to meeting project goals are brought to the appropriate level of attention for resolution.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Serious candidates will possess the minimum qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or related field of study from an accredited four-year college or university. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of proven P&C Insurance Accounting experience in reporting or analytical areas.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or CPA eligible and pursuing the CPA designation preferred.
- Experience developing strategies, managing major initiatives and delivering results within a complex matrix environment.
- Experience with Revenue Recognition ASC 606.
- Experience working with Actuarial Analyses.
- Experience with data extraction and analysis tools.
- Advance working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Advance working knowledge of Microsoft Access.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills to oversee multiple work assignments.
- Able to sit for long periods of time performing sedentary activities.
- Competitive overall compensation package
- Work/Life balance
- Employee engagement activities and recognition awards
- Years of Service awards
- Career enhancement and growth opportunities
- Emerging Professionals and Mentor Program
- Continuing education and career certifications
- Variety of healthcare coverage options
- 401(k) and Roth IRA retirement plans
- Lucrative Wellness Program
*Based upon employee eligibility