The National Security Customer Group of SAIC is seeking a Senior Principal ServiceNow Developer to support Platform One. Platform One is building an infrastructure-agnostic platform, to support the Department of Defense’s (DoD) vast infrastructure options, including — Government clouds, on premise, disconnected, and classified environments.
Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Unified Platform (UP) program office
(AFLCMC/HNCP) continues to implement, integrate and maintain ServiceNow capability IAW DoD’s Enterprise Service Management Framework (DESMF) standards. Additionally, the government is interested in continuing to build-out of additional modules to include, but not limited to Service Management, IT Service Management and Human Resources Onboarding modules within the ServiceNow platform. They work in an Agile based environment and the Government may adopt various agile processes such as Extreme Programming (XP), SCRUM, Kanban, and Lean Software Development.
SAIC will provide software development and engineering services for Information Technology Operations. Anticipated tasks include, but are not limited to, design, development and configuration of workflows/processes, test and on-board of ServiceNow Enterprise Onboarding & Transitions and Software Asset Management capability that will enable best practice and industry standards of enterprise level service management for the Government. SAIC will implement and configure the IT Service Management tool as directed by the Product Owner. The Product Owner, as identified by the Government, will specify requirements/capabilities (themes/epics) and establish acceptance criteria to the team. The acceptance criteria will specify expected functionality as well as any non-functional requirements that must be met. The Government, supported by subject matter experts and business analysts, will determine whether acceptance criteria has been satisfied. Additionally, the Government will manage system roadmaps, project plans, and product backlogs that will be the basis of the contractor’s work. Contractor will contribute to detailed implementation plans as needed.
The candidate for this position will directly support building the ServiceNow Platform capabilities for the government software systems.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and fifteen (15) years or more experience in business, engineering, technology and/or consulting; Masters and twelve (12) years or more experience; other work experience and certifications considered in lieu of degree requirements
- Experience with ITIL processes, (Certified in ITIL-4 is better)
- Have certifications in two of three of the following: Java Script, Angular JS or HTML/CSS,
- Has ServiceNow System Administrator Certification,
- Experienced in Agile methodologies for defining/prioritizing backlog, leading problem resolution for both internal and external customers
- Architecting and executing a program roadmap and backlog (grooming, prioritization and refinement).
- Setting quality standards for delivery, develops user story acceptance criteria, accepting stories and participating in team demos and retrospectives to validate quality
- Defining minimum viable product (MVP) and effectively negotiates tradeoffs of conflicting priorities based on value to the business and customer
- Must have a Secret clearance
- Familiarity with Agile, Scrum, or Kanban frameworks
- Experience with Atlassian suite and other IT lifecycle tools
Target salary range: $175,001 - $185,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.