CDM Smith currently has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Manager within our West Transportation Group in Texas. In this position, you will work with a dynamic team to manage scope, schedule, and budget for multi-disciplined transportation services projects in Texas. This position will also assist in business development and proposal development activities. CDM Smith has been providing transportation services to our clients for over 50 years. Our transportation services have spanned the areas of feasibility studies, corridor planning, NEPA and traffic design projects.
For more information about our Project Management roles, tools, and culture, please visit this website https://bit.ly/2UC8V16.
**We are open to filling this position tied to the following TX offices: Austin, Dallas, Fort Worth or Houston.**
• Manage TxDOT transportation planning, corridor planning, NEPA and traffic engineering projects.
• Lead Transportation Disciplines and Practice Development
• Conduct business development efforts for transportation projects and cultivate client relationships.
• Interface with State and municipal clients including cities, utility districts.
• Conduct meetings with TxDOT, Transit Authorities, Toll Road Authorities, cities and counties for business development purposes.
• Lead and manage transportation planning and traffic engineering projects.
• Develop scope, budget and schedules for transportation projects.
• Manage team's performance on assigned projects.
• Assist in mentoring staff and help expand our transportation practice in the Texas market.
• Lead the scope, schedule and budget development, monitoring and adherence for projects managed.
• Quality Analysis/Quality Control of key deliverables related to projects managed and assistance on projects managed by others.
Senior Project Manager - Transportation Planning
• Bachelor's Degree.
• 10 years of related experience.
• PMP (PMI), CCM or DBIA certification is required (within 12 months of hire or promotion onto the Approved Project Manager list).
• Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
• Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
• Bachelor's degree in civil engineering, urban, community or regional planning or related discipline.
• AICP, PTP, PE, CEP or approved certification in a related field.
• Solid Transportation Engineering/Planning experience.
• TxDOT pre-certifications preferred.
• Strong experience meeting and working with TxDOT, county and/or municipal transportation agencies.
• Demonstrated business development experience.
• Excellent leadership and communication skills.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
**Why CDM Smith?:**
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith - where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it's a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
**Job Site Location:**
Texas - Statewide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
**Amount of Travel Required:**
**Visa Sponsorship Available:**
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
**Background Check and Drug Testing Information:**
CDM Smith reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
**U.S. Vaccine Status:**
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as "CDM Smith") are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.