Leidos is in search of a multi-talented Unreal Programmer with multiplayer experience to join our studio with an existing team of artists, programmers, and designers creating “Digital Twins” of aircraft interiors and exteriors for both VR and PC advanced training for the United States Air Force. Telework is available; this role requires 10-20% travel to San Antonio. Our client is progressive, driving the future of training in the armed forces. This is a superb opportunity to leverage your proven engineering expertise in the Unreal Engine in a multi-billion dollar industry. Change the future and have an impact that saves lives.
As a Senior Unreal Programmer with multiplayer experience, your focus is on execution in both single player and cooperative multiplayer game play environments in both PC and VR. You will collaborate with a Creative Director to achieve first-class results. This is a where your passion for gameplay and interactivity shines on with creating innovative and immersive training.
- Develop innovative multiplayer VR and PC experiences, leveraging Unreal engine’s strengths
- Work with a team of engineers to iterate on features ranging from technical, to visual, to artistic.
- Contribute ideas toward all aspects of the final product’s development.
- Serve as a voice of expertise willing to mentor, share, and evangelize your knowledge of the engine internally.
- Must possess a minimum of 5+ years of direct experience utilizing Unreal Engine on professional projects in the video game industry, architecture, advertising, film, simulations or Defense industry.
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Experience with multiplayer programming (network gameplay, game state sync, lobby systems).
- Master level of understanding of all aspects of C++, the Unreal Editor, Blueprint, Code, and Engine.
- Experience leading initiatives and strike teams on previous projects.
- Deep understanding at developing dynamic gameplay-related systems.
- Experience with scripting languages and component-based game engines.
- A seasoned programmer who can execute tasks with minimal supervision.
- Experienced working under tight deadlines, in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Superb knowledge of VR and PC development fundamentals.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, and a proactive team-oriented mindset.
- Desire to both teach others and learn new techniques in the Unreal Engine.
- Ability to obtain security clearance (requires US citizenship).
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.