Do you have the expertise, knowledge, and passion to bring photorealistic, fully voice acted characters to life in Unreal Engine 4? Do you consider yourself a master of cinematics, cut scene design, camera work, layout, direction, level design, lighting, world building, and visual quality? Are you looking for a collaborative team of AAA talent who will empower you to innovate every day?
Leidos is in search of a multi-talented Senior Unreal Technical Character Animator/Cinematic Designer in San Antonio, Texas to join our existing team of artists, programmers, and designers creating both VR and PC advanced training for the United States Air Force. Our client is forward thinking and driving the future of virtual training in the armed forces. This is a superb opportunity to leverage your proven experience and gaming sensibilities in Unreal Engine in a multi-billion dollar industry.
As a Senior Unreal Technical Character Animator/Cinematic Designer, you will work to develop photorealistic characters, animations, camera set ups, lighting, and dialogue sequences within environments for both PC and VR. You will collaborate with a Creative Director to achieve first-class results. This is where your passion for telling a story through real time actors meets film making reality. Make your creative voice heard in a collaborative setting with a company building innovative training for the Air force.
• 5+ years of direct experience with Unreal Engine (3.5/4) on real world projects in the video game, film or Defense industry, developing digital characters, cut scenes, and role playing game style scenarios. Please provide portfolio link embedded in your resume.
• Bachelor's degree or 5 years of experience in lieu of degree.
• Master level in character rigging and animation. Additional experience in character modeling, animation, and facial animation is a plus.
• Strong sense of how gameplay and cinematics work together to tell a cohesive story, a good understanding of gameplay pacing and mechanics, as well as a good sense of cinematography (composition, staging, timing, editing and character performance).
• Experience rigging and animating objects, characters and faces for dialogue close to the camera.
• Ability to blend expressions and morph targets for matching speech to a script.
• Master level in cut scene composition, construction, layout, photography, and visualization.
• Extensive experience in the development of 3D story-driven games in VR/AR or commercial console games. Please include examples.
• Expert level understanding of all aspects of the Unreal Editor and Engine related to animation and cinematography.
• Passion for AAA quality PC or console games, story, character, and immersion.
• Expertise with software tools similar to Real Illusion’s technology is desired for facial capture and character generation.
• Deep understanding of Unreal Sequencer to use cameras, lights, and post processing to produce desired moods and feelings.
• Ability to import animations into Unreal Engine and create compelling animations utilizing sequences, montages, and morph targets.
• Experience with modular characters is highly preferred.
• Ability to obtain security clearance (requires US citizenship).
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Visual and Graphic Design
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.