Come be a part of something bigger!
More than 10,000 dedicated employees around the world bring their unique talents, expertise and experiences to work every day with Benchmark. Our strength lies in our diversity, positive service attitude and determination to succeed. Come be a part of our “Be the Difference” culture, where every employee, at every level, in every job strives to capture moments when they can provide memorable, personalized service to our guests, coworkers, and communities.
We are a strong believer in offering our employees Work-Life Effectiveness through, practices, policies, and programs to help our employees achieve success at both work and home. Here are just some of the great benefits we offer:
- Full Time employees have access to Medical and Dental insurance to fit your needs
- Benchmark University (You can grow both personally and professionally through on-line webinars and self-study courses)
- 401K match (Let us help you build your financial future)
- Companywide Hotel Room Discounts (Who doesn’t love to get away)
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program (We are here to support you)
- Employee family events (bring the kids!)
- Partnerships and discounts with major retailers such as AT&T, Verizon and Dish to name a few
- Many more, please inquire for more details
Who are we?
The Server is responsible for ensuring the standards of service in assigned food and beverage outlets. S/he will take orders, deliver food, drinks and other items to guests. The Server will act as a liaison between the kitchen and guests. S/he will assist with maintaining the Resort standards.
The Server shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying the La Cantera Resort and Spa Culture as well as promoting La Cantera Resort and Spa as both the Destination and Employer of Choice!
What you will have an opportunity to do:
Benefits and Perks:
- Free Meals
- Gym Membership Discounts
- Six Flags Discounts
- Schlitterbahn Discounts
- Verizon Wireless and Sprint Discounts
- Shoes for Crews Program
- Benchmark Associate Room Rates
- Golf Course Discounts
- F&B Discounts
- Cantera Cares Program
- Free Parking
- Spa Discount
- Benchmark Perks
- Family Discount
- Paid Time Off **
- Medical Insurance **
- Dental Insurance**
** = Full Time Associate
Essential Job Functions:
- Adheres to the steps of service using the service standards manual
- Takes guests orders using seat numbers and appropriate order taking sheets
- Enters orders accurately into POS systems
- Familiarizes him/herself with all menus including three meal periods, lounge menu, wine and beverage lists
- Resets dining room according to meal period and table needs
- Performs food & beverage preparation duties such as preparing condiments, brewing coffee and ensuring work stations are stocked
- Follows all proper bookkeeping and cash handling procedures
- Ensures all opening, on-going and closing side work is complete and signed off by a manager on duty
- Serves food and beverages to guests
- Informs and promotes guests of daily/nightly specials
- Checks guests’ identification to ensure minimum age requirement for consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Removes dishes, glasses, silverware or other item from tables and countertops and takes them to the kitchen for proper sanitation
- Offers creative selling of products to guests
- Answers questions and/or makes recommendations on menus items
- Cleans tables and/or counters & seats after guests are finished
- Explains how various menu items are prepared, describing cooking methods and ingredients
- Takes into consideration any special request, dietary issues made by the guest
- Performs food preparation duties such as preparing salads, appetizers, cold dishes, portioning desserts and brewing coffee
- Provides general resort information for guests
- Offers warm and sincere welcome/farewell for all guests of La Cantera Resort and Spa
- including use of guest name & good eye contact with each guest
- Maintains an up to date working knowledge of all resort amenities as well as any special events
- Interacts with resort staff in a professional manner, assisting other departments with necessary information
- Up sells other resort services and amenities to guests
- Describes and recommends wine pairings to guests
- Brings wine selections to tables with appropriate glasses and pours the wine for guests
- Ensures final quality check on food and beverage prior to serving guests
- Monitors assigned tables for customer satisfaction, quality and additional service
- Accurately prepares guest bills and provides in a timely manner and ensures accurate payment is received
- Accurately reports tips & shift times in the appropriate location at the end of each shift
- Addresses any guest issue promptly and with concern
- Provides assistance to restaurant staff as needed
- Attends monthly mandatory department meetings and appropriate resort and division meetings
- Maintains constant awareness of safety issues, (i.e. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks and suspicious persons). Reports all safety incidents to on-duty supervisor.
- Acts with responsibility towards all company property, supplies and equipment.
- Maintains a professional appearance. Follows all La Cantera Resort and Spa dress code standards.
- Remains alert, courteous and helpful to the guests and colleagues at all times.
Associate is held accountable for all duties of this job and other duties as assigned.
Experience and Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior hospitality experience preferred
- At least one year high volume restaurant serving experience preferred
- At least one year food & beverage experience preferred
- At least 6 months POS system experience preferred
- Adequate wine, beer and mixed drink knowledge preferred
- Must be a United States citizen or possess a valid work permit
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to accurately follow instructions, both verbally and written
- Must possesses excellent communication skills
- Must be professional in appearance and demeanor
- Must be able to work under pressure
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must have excellent listening skills
- Must always ensure a teamwork environment
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends and holidays
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and interact well with the guests and associates
- Must have the ability to resolve problems/conflicts in a diplomatic and tactful manner
- Must have a passion for creating an exceptional experience for all guests.
- Must be able to stand and walk throughout the shift
- Must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 25 lbs at shoulder height;
- Must be able to occasionally push/pull up to 75 lbs
- Must be able to perform simple grasping, fine manipulation, overhead reaching, and repetitive hand & arm movements frequently; and squeezing occasionally
What are we looking for?
Benchmark Hospitality is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.