Join SAIC’s team in assisting the Federal Health agencies, such as Veteran Affairs (VA), Defense Health Agency (DHA), and Federal Drug Administration (FDA), implement an integrated systems program. SAIC is supporting health systems and facilities to deliver a single modernized technology platform. The team will transition existing systems, and implement proposed applications while maintaining the IT services supporting a large number of health services personnel. This is a contingent position located in the National Capital Region of Washington DC.
The Service Management Manual Manager (SMM Manager) is responsible for planning and implementing the Service Management Manual (SMM); including its overall taxonomy, organization, and management. Drives all the Integrated Service Providers for adoption, participation, and compliance with the SMM and ensures the continual maturity of the SMM, and the drive to single processes.
Specific roles and responsibilities for the SMM Manager include:
- Lead a team to develop and maintain the Service Management Manual (SMM) for coordination, management, and reporting of the Integrated Service Providers across the Integrated Environment.
- Manages the processes and procedures to support the Integrated Environment, such that the objectives, scope, and principles of the Integrated Environment are achieved.
- Ensure that Service Providers provide all documents and processes that support and describe the scope of the Service Provider services in the SMM.
- Verify and report on the effective compliance with the SMM policies, processes, and procedures by the Integrated Service Providers, Customers, and other vendors.
- Document issues with the SMM with the service desk as Problems and resolve these issues through the Problem Management practice.
- Manage corrective actions with the Integrated Service Providers and validate required changes.
- Have experience in automating processes using AIOps, RPA, and other tools
- CONUS/OCONUS travel up to 10% of the time may be required.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and six (6) years or more of related experience; Masters and four (4) years or more experience.
- Previous experience in VA, DHA, and/or FDA strongly preferred
- Experience in executing the Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) framework including best practices such as Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Proven ability to establish and maintain good influential working relationships with both internal and external senior stakeholders
- Must have Public Trust Clearance
- IAM II & ITIL 4 Foundation
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.