Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed provides concierge - level medical care and service for seniors, delivered by physicians and clinic staff that understand and care about the patient's health. WellMed's proactive approach focuses on prevention and the complete coordination of care for patients. WellMed is now part of the Optum division under the greater UnitedHealth Group umbrella.
The Service Technician is responsible for all activities relating to the delivering home medical equipment including receipt, shipment, and delivery of medical equipment. Educates the patient/caregiver on equipment usage. Picks up equipment at termination of therapy. Responsible for maintaining delivery vehicles according to regulatory guidelines.
- Maintains delivery vehicle and supplies in accordance with HomeCare Dimensions, Inc. policies and procedures
- Insures accurate and timely delivery of all home medical equipment (HME)
- Defines processes for delivery of HME
- Ensures orders are complete and ready for delivery
- Pulls own supplies (DME, oxygen, liquids)
- Contacts patients receiving deliveries prior to leaving office to verify address and phone number
- Transports equipment and supplies in a safe and clean manner in accordance with all company safety guidelines. Sets up equipment and verifies proper function in the patient's home upon delivery.
- Obtains patient/caregiver signature verifying receipt of HME at delivery
- Maintains accurate and current information on daily route sheet
- Submits all delivery paperwork at the end of the shift
- Notifies Warehouse Manager of any problems encountered during delivery
- Picks up equipment at termination of therapy.
- Educates patient/caregiver on delivered HME
- Answers patient/caregiver questions as needed
- Documents teaching on specified teaching form
- Attends all required in-service programs to maintain comprehensive home care knowledge base.
- Participates in the agency's endeavors for accreditation, licensing and professional recognition according to state, federal or CHAPs requirements. Participates in home care Performance Improvement Program activities.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Graduate or equivalent
- Must be able to read and follow written and verbal instructions in English effectively
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive VoiceResponse (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- One (1) year Home Medical Equipment experience
- Medical Terminology knowledge
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to lift and transfer home medical equipment from one location to the other (Up to 50 pounds). This position requires the ability to distinguish impressions of shape, size, distance, motion, color, and other characteristics of objects, through the eyes. Major visual functions must include far sight acuity and near acuity.
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 380,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Driver, delivery, medical, DME, HME, transportation, transport, San Antonio, TX, Texas