Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
WellMed provides concierge - level medical care and service for seniors, delivered by physicians and clinic staff that understand and care about the patient’s health. WellMed’s proactive approach focuses on prevention and the complete coordination of care for patients. WellMed is now part of the Optum division under the greater UnitedHealth Group umbrella.
The Service Technician is responsible for all activities relating to the delivering home medical equipment including receipt, shipment, and delivery of medical equipment. Educates the patient/caregiver on equipment usage. Picks up equipment at termination of therapy. Responsible for maintaining delivery vehicles according to regulatory guidelines.
- Maintains delivery vehicle and supplies in accordance with HomeCare Dimensions, Inc. policies and procedures
- Insures accurate and timely delivery of all home medical equipment (HME)
- Defines processes for delivery of HME
- Ensures orders are complete and ready for delivery
- Pulls own supplies (DME, oxygen, liquids)
- Contacts patients receiving deliveries prior to leaving office to verify address and phone number
- Transports equipment and supplies in a safe and clean manner in accordance with all company safety guidelines. Sets up equipment and verifies proper function in the patient’s home upon delivery.
- Obtains patient/caregiver signature verifying receipt of HME at delivery
- Maintains accurate and current information on daily route sheet
- Submits all delivery paperwork at the end of the shift
- Notifies Warehouse Manager of any problems encountered during delivery
- Picks up equipment at termination of therapy.
- Educates patient/caregiver on delivered HME
- Answers patient/caregiver questions as needed
- Documents teaching on specified teaching form
- Attends all required in-service programs to maintain comprehensive home care knowledge base.
- Participates in the agency's endeavors for accreditation, licensing and professional recognition according to state, federal or CHAPs requirements. Participates in home care Performance Improvement Program activities.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.