Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Social Worker is responsible for the assessment, planning, coordination and oversight of services for identified patients within their respective healthcare plan. The position identifies, evaluates, and provides management of services for patients with complex, catastrophic, SDOH (Social Determinants of Health) and/or psychosocial issues to promote quality, effective outcomes throughout the care continuum. The position ensures compliance with state and federal health plan requirements, Medicare guidelines and standards. Acts as a liaison to coordinate and collaborate care with physicians, family, and other providers while always remaining an advocate for patients, putting them at the center of care delivery. The Social Worker will interact and engage with others as an interdisciplinary team member.
- Perform comprehensive evaluations and document findings in a concise/comprehensive manner that is compliant with documentation standards for the Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS)
- Performs patient assessments in multiple settings to include but not limited to the patient’s home, the PCP/specialists clinic, hospital, and/or skilled nursing facility as needed
- Understands and plans to assure services provided work within the boundaries of the patient’s plan eligibility. Coordinates identified patient’s needs utilizing federal, state, and local community resources, as available
- Coordinates with external and internal teams to minimize obstacles and increase patient and provider satisfaction
- Active participation in Performance Improvement (PI) or regional strategic initiatives
- Active participation in staff and Interdisciplinary Teams (IDT) meetings
- Adheres to organizational and departmental policies and procedures
- Maintains a high level of professionalism and adheres to the WellMed Core Values
- Assumes responsibility for personal and professional development
- Ensures licensure, certifications, and annual training are maintained and compliant
- Maintains knowledge of current health plan benefits
- Performs other duties as assigned
Full-Time Field Base Position: This position requires 75% traveling around the San Antonio, TX and counties areas supporting WellMed Patients. Must have reliable transportation and available to work flexible shifts.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor of Social Work with licensure (LBSW)
- Active licensure as required in the applicable state of employment
- 3+ years social work experience in a health care environment
- Proficient in MS Office Suite to include Word, Excel, Notes, Outlook, and other departmental specific programs/applications
- This position requires Tuberculosis screening as well as proof of immunity to Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis through lab confirmation of immunity, documented evidence of vaccination, or a doctor's diagnosis of disease
- Master of Social Work with licensure (LMSW)
- Experience working with geriatric and behavioral and mental health patient populations.
- Long Term Care experience
- Knowledge of disease management, managed care, medical terminology, referral process, claims, and CPT coding
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Sound organizational skills
- Able to prioritize, plan, and handle multiple tasks/demands simultaneously
Physical & Mental Requirements:
- Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
- Ability to push or pull heavy objects using up to 25 pounds of force
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to use fine motor skills to operate office equipment and/or machinery
- Ability to properly drive and operate a company vehicle
- Ability to receive and comprehend instructions verbally and/or in writing
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
WellMed was founded in 1990 with a vision of being a physician-led company that could change the face of healthcare delivery for seniors. Through the WellMed Care Model, we specialize in helping our patients stay healthy by providing the care they need from doctors who care about them. We partner with multiple Medicare Advantage health plans in Texas and Florida and look forward to continuing growth.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Social Worker LBSW Healthcare WellMed Healthcare, WellMed, Healthcare, Bilingual, Economic, Case Worker, Community Services, Social Worker, SW, LSW, BSW, LMSW, Advocate, San Antonio, New Braunfels, Seguin, Gonzales, Shiner, Yoakum, Boerne, Floresville, Helotes, 78240, Texas, TX