Are you looking for a career with premium benefits and the potential for growth?
At TKC Holdings, we’ve created something special, a better place to work and grow. Many employees start just expecting a paycheck but end up with a rewarding career. We provide exceptional training and a clear career path.
About This Position
The C Software Engineer will develop moderately complex software, create and execute designs for small sets of new functionalities. May perform as Lead Software Engineer for small projects or sub projects.
• Develops moderately complex software in C, SQL, Linux based scripting, and other selected languages for ICS products and/or applications consistently following ICS coding standards and in accordance with applicable software development methodology and release processes
• Utilizes software engineering tools in the GNU tool chain and knowledge of source code management software (BZR, CVS, etc.)
• Have a working knowledge of Relation Database designs and concepts
• Creates and executes designs for small sets of new functionalities as part of a software project
• Collaborates and adds value through participation in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions
• Provides reliable solutions to a variety of problems using sound problem solving techniques
• Performs technical root cause analysis and outlines corrective action for given problems
• May serve as a mentor to less experienced software engineers
• Estimate level of effort, evaluate new options of similar technology, and offer suggestions to improve processes
• Works collaboratively and professionally with other ICS associates in cross functional teams to achieve goals
• Apply a sense of urgency, commitment, and focus on the right priorities in developing solutions in a timely fashion
• Review product and/or application information including manuals and brochures for technical accuracy
• Participate in product and/or application definition activities including feature analysis and system design
• Perform other duties as necessary
What You'll Need
- Degree or equivalent work experience
- Competent in C, minimum of 2 years of experience
- Extensive UNIX and/or Linux experience
- Working knowledge of open-source tools such as the GNU toolchain, including those used to compile, debug and edit
- Experience with RDBMS & SQL; PostgreSQL preferred
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Demonstrated commitment to quality
- Strong attention to detail and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Telephony experience is not a requirement, but is highly desirable
- Real SIP / SS7 experience will give you a distinct advantage
- Software development experience on multi-tiered, high-availability, high performance, and high-volume transaction systems
- Strong TCP/IP networking skills
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: • Must pass background and drug checks
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F
TKC Holdings, Inc. offers comprehensive benefits to all regular-full time employees. TKC offers a variety of medical plans with:
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability
- Many more benefits that can be selected to create the right package for you
TKC also understands the importance of work life balance and planning for the future. To help with both of these, employees are eligible for paid time off and a Company Match for the 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.