With more than 80 years of experience engineering science and technology solutions to support national security, Alion supports clients with big ideas and real solutions.
Provide Intermediate level Software Engineering / Software Development support for applications, tools, application enhancement modules, exploits and network capability. Use industry standard development languages to develop tools and applications. Perform SME analysis and assessment of computer network components; design, development, implementation and unit testing of code. Perform reverse engineering of code and network devices. Design, develop, test, maintain and implement software modules for a given product.
PRIMARY DUTY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- (U) Provide Software Engineering / Development to create capabilities, applications and tools to support Cyber Space Operations.
- (U) Develop capabilities, tools, and applications for/to integrate with operational weapon systems and frameworks (Wired, Wireless, or Mobile).
- (U) Perform Network and Systems Analysis to detect and classify vulnerabilities for the purpose of leveraging exploits and understanding OCO/DCO capabilities and their effects.
- (U) Provide in-depth technical analysis of a variety of telecommunications devices via specialized systems analysis and vulnerability assessments.
- (U) Provide unit and functional testing for code implementation and an understanding of a CI/CD pipeline for automated deployment.
- (U) Create and manage virtual environments through the use of virtual machines, Docker containers, or Kubernetes with a knowledge of cloud infrastructures and computing.
- (U) Design and develop modular capabilities that are scalable and can integrate with server or cloud-based data stores and front-end GUIs.
- (U) Research and development support for multiple environments, conduct and document required R&D activities to provide enhanced capabilities or add-on module(s).
Education and Experience:
BS in Computer Science or a related Field with five (5) years of experience or MS in Computer Science or related scientific/technical field with four (4) years of experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Top Secret SCI – Willing to take Polygraph
- 5+ years’ experience in computer programming, software development, software engineering.
- Experience working in Agile framework using Scrum methodologies and rapid development cycles.
- Experience with unit and functional testing.
- Experience with network security.
- Experience in Reverse Engineering (RE) Software/Hardware using RE Tools (i.e Ida Pro and Ghidra).
- Experience with Vulnerability Analysis.
- Experience with creating and managing virtual environments.
- Understanding of cloud computing and platforms.
- Experience with Django and Elastic Stack a plus.
- Must accomplish the organizational Basic Cyberspace Capability Developer Certification, and then the Senior Windows or Senior Linux Cyberspace Capability Developer Certification within 6 months.
- Capable of building CI/CD pipelines using Gitlab.
- Excellent analytical and technical problem-solving skills
- Significant understanding of and practical experience with various Internet protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, BGP), Socket programming, etc.
In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience
Security Clearance: Top Secret/Sensitive Comp Info