Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Software Engineer will be part of the Test Automation team and is responsible for designing, implementing, and executing automated test scripts ensuring the quality and timely delivery.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design, develop and execute complex automation scripts using automation tools for regression, functional and load testing of different functional areas
- Develop Performance Monitoring scripts to be used for system performance monitoring for Windows and Web applications
- Design, develop, and execute Process Automation script suites to address company needs for automating repetitive back office tasks
- Develop benchmark and threshold values for Performance Monitoring Scripts while anticipating customer needs
- Serve as a key resource in evaluating software implementations for impact to existing Performance Monitoring, Process Automation and Regression Testing Scripts. Create and direct the completion of work items to maintain and update existing scripts based on this evaluation
- Monitor and analyze Performance Monitoring and Regression Testing script results to ensure system performance meets expected benchmarks. Proactively develop solutions for trends and issues identified. Report discrepancies to Supervisor and Development Manager
- Troubleshoot complex scripting problems, develop innovative solutions, and investigate various related business processes to assess the feasibility of introducing, implementing, and maintaining automation
- Assist and mentor Automation QA testers in learning and developing automated scripts. Provide recommendations for improvement and share explanations and information to support team development
- Participate in full test cycle, including Integrated System testing, Regression Testing and User Acceptance Testing
- Develop complex test cases, procedures and automated test scripts for software implementation tasks anticipating customer needs and proactively testing solutions to meet functional requirements
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Associates degree or higher
- 3+ years of experience with Software Development Life Cycle
- 2+ years of software development experience using .NET framework and VB.net / C# or any object - oriented programming language
- 2+ years of software development experience using T - SQL
- 2+ years of software development experience using Angular framework, jQuery and WebAPI
- Experience with Test Driven Development
- Experience in Git, GitHub, or similar source control framework
- Demonstrated experience working in a fast pace, large scale Agile / Scrum development environment
- SF86 Position of Trust / NAC
- Evaluates service areas to identify opportunities for automation
- Demonstrates confidence that tasks will be completed, and deliverables will be provided in the midst of competing demands and pressure - filled situations
- Anticipate potential problems and define, prioritize, and analyze problems for action
- Show commitment to high quality results through use of time, resources, and work effort
- Highlights areas of improvement that will create the strongest development leverage and places these into development plans that they will work towards accomplishing
- Seeks out information to learn about systems that support or rely upon the solution to better understand integrations and impacts
- Strives to understand the technologies in detail as used by the engineering team
- Experience with .NET framework, Visual Studio
- Understands CICD components and incorporates in - sprint automation, Regression, Integration test suite
- Knowledge of any Automation framework
- Ability to improve on existing automation processes to improve quality and efficiency
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job keywords: Software Engineer, Software Developer, Test Automation, Software Development Life Cycle, .NET framework, VB.net, C#, Test Driven Development, Agile, Scrum, UHG, Optum, OptumServe, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote, WAH, Minneapolis, MN