Valero provides the energy to take people anywhere they want to go around the globe. Our 10,000 employees work together as a team with the single goal of maintaining our status as a top petroleum refiner and ethanol producer. As an employee at Valero, not only will you have an opportunity to impact people’s lives through the products we manufacture in a safe, reliable environment, you will also be a part of a culture that thrives on positively impacting the people in the communities where we live and work.
We are looking for a Software Development Engineer Analyst to be part of a cross-functional team responsible for the complete software development life cycle, from conception to deployment, of applications that will be utilized by a global workforce. Team members produce scalable software solutions using technologies including .NET, Angular, TypeScript, NodeJS, IIS and MS SQL. In our tech-oriented, dynamic environment, you’ll be challenged with devising creative technology solutions that will enhance employee productivity and streamline business processes.
As a Software Development Engineer Analyst, you should be comfortable around front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks, and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with an eye for visual design and utility.
If you are skilled at the end-to-end creation of high-quality software applications and excited by using leading-edge development tools and technologies, we’d like to meet you.
Key Competencies :
- Problem Solving
- Analysis of complex systems issues
- Design and recommendation of software solutions to business challenges
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communication Skills
- Abiding by confidentiality requirements
As an employee at Valero, not only will you have an opportunity to impact people’s lives through the products we manufacture in a safe, reliable environment, you will also be a part of a culture that thrives on positively impacting the people in the communities where we live and work.
Our goal at Valero is to continue to be the premier manufacturer, distributor, and marketer of quality transportation fuels and petrochemical feedstocks, while serving the needs of our employees, communities and stakeholders.
You can help achieve this goal if you can :
- Plan and coordinate complete process analysis, data requirement definition, development, testing, and timely implementation of web and pc-based application projects.
- Participate in information system infrastructure design and implementation.
- Troubleshoot, modify and maintain existing software applications, and work with appropriate resources to resolve issues.
- Provide consulting support and application development services to customers including, but not limited to, Valero’s Human Resources department.
- Deliver quality solutions in a timely manner with minimal supervision required.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay.
Successful candidates will have :
- High school diploma or GED.
- 2 years of experience in the following area(s) : Object-Oriented Software Development, Web application development.
- 2 years of experience with SQL and relational database design and development, including queries, stored procedures, schema creation, data normalization.
- Grasp of the software development lifecycle, familiarity with development methodologies, working in multiple development environments, use of shared code repositories.
- Ability to work as part of a team of software developers working on multiple projects simultaneously.
The most competitive candidates will have :
- Bachelor’s (or higher) degree or foreign equivalent degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology or related field.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.