Relocate to Lexington Park, MD!
This Jobot Job is hosted by: Emily Olinger
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $100,000 - $150,000
A bit about us:
Our expertise is focused on technical solutions for the Department of Defense, NASA, and our commercial customers. We're a Top Secret cleared facility known for innovative, rapid development and close working relationships with our customers.
We are looking for a Mid-level Software Engineer to join the team in Lexington Park, MD!
*Salary is negotiable based upon experience*
*The candidate must either be either local to the Lexington Park, MD area or be able to relocate
*The candidate must either possess, or be able to obtain, a security clearance.*
*PLEASE SEND YOUR ANSWERS TO THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS TO [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] DIRECTLY AFTER YOU APPLY:
1. Please read the job description and tell me why you would be a great fit for this role.
2. How many years of experience do you have with the following: C/C++, Python, Linux.
3. Do you have any experience with avionics, defense, or related industries? Please explain.
4. What is your citizenship status? Are you able to obtain a security clearance if necessary?
5. Are you local to Lexington Park, MD? If not, are you able to relocate?
6. What salary are you looking for?
Why join us?
- Full benefits
- PTO and paid holidays
We are seeking a Mid-Level Software Engineer to join our Advanced Adversary Fighter team. They will support our effort to integrate high-tech avionic and mission systems onto various fighter jet platforms. For this role, the candidate must be able to work well in a fast-paced team environment, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivering high-quality software products.
- Design and develop software modules to interface with advanced avionics hardware; integrate those software modules into a single OFP in support of modernization of legacy fighter jet platforms
- Integrate software components into a fully functional mission computer system
- Collaborate with other developers to design and optimize code
- Conduct integration tests, bug fixes, and other software maintenance activities
- Collaborate cross-functionally with system engineers, project managers, and other engineers in an agile environment
- Work with project leads to define sprints and associated work breakdown
- Participate in laboratory, ground, and flight testing to verify and validate software
- Participate in software design and code reviews to ensure delivery of quality products
- Demonstrated experience in both procedural and object-oriented computer programming languages and techniques (primarily C and C++)
- Demonstrated experience with popular scripting languages such as Python
- Demonstrated experience with software development in a Linux environment
- Demonstrated understanding of data communications theory and techniques including protocol stacks such as TCP/IP, and UDP/IP
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Experience designing and implementing unit tests
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision
- BS Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent major with 4+ years of demonstrated experience in industry
- Demonstrated experience in the design, architecture and development of real-time-embedded software, preferably in the avionics, defense, or related industry, including detailed knowledge of real-time operating systems
- Application experience with 1533 communications, RS-232/422 communications, ARINC-429 communications
- Specific experience with avionics software development and certification processes is desired (DO-178)
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply on company site" button.