Combine Fintech and Healthcare, two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet, with a culture of performance, collaboration, and opportunity and this is what you get - leading edge technology that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about providing advanced, state-of-the-art payment solutions to help those we serve be healthier, happier, and more productive.
Solutran, a subsidiary of UnitedHealth Group, is a leading Fintech company committed to creating game-changing, customer-friendly solutions. Solutran’s success is grounded in S3®, our proprietary financial network, which is used by the nation’s largest health plans, employers, retailers, and government entities. As a FinTech industry leader, our Solutran S3®platform helps members manage their supplemental benefits, products and services discounts, and rewards all in one place - through a single card, app, and website.
Solutran has established a reputation for delivering modern, advanced customer experiences through best-in-class payment solutions used by millions.
Learn more about our latest innovations at www.solutran.com.
As a Software Engineer, you’re expected and empowered to be your best, to grow and develop your skills. Be prepared to move quickly, to engage proactively, and to think strategically. As a Software Engineer of Technical Operations, you will help deliver insights and automated solutions to help our systems display world-class reliability. This specific position is for someone who loves to dig in and remove impediments in the deployment pipeline. You will also triage and support our production systems as well as apply your programming skills to develop an create solutions which improve application monitoring and performance.
The Software Engineer, Technical Operations will work on a team dedicated to improving our application service levels while providing a rich feature set, high availability, and performance for both internal and external customers. This position is part of a team that is the first line of support for ensuring our systems are up and running at their best. Work will be done in an environment where applications may rely on a blended infrastructure of both on-premise and cloud deployments.
- Develop and maintain deployment pipeline
- Help achieve the Service Level Objective for our applications and services
- Create and build necessary tools or processes required to meet our SLOs
- Documentation and diagrams, outlining systems capabilities, processes, and environments in a manner that others can understand
- Work on team projects, as well as individually assigned projects
- Off hours support as needed - i.e. deployments
- Participate in an on-call rotation with other Solutran Technical Service staff
- Other duties as assigned
An individual in this position must be able to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities listed above. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- CI/CD Pipeline development
- Build Tools - Jenkins / Octopus / LiquiBase/Azure DevOps
- .Net Programming
- Logging and Monitoring - Splunk/ DataDog
- Oracle & PL/SQL
- Source Control - git / tfs / BitBucket
- Azure Cloud Platform strategy and operations
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 2-4 year BA or BS, or university program certificate in related field
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer with increasing responsibility
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance
- Familiar with Systems Reliability Engineering
- Secure Programing Knowledge - VeraCode
- Ticketing and Alerting Tools - Jira/ FreshService/ PagerDuty
- PowerShell/Python Scripting
- Performance Testing
- Oracle Cloud
- Administration of IIS Web Servers / SSL Certificates
Where you will work:
- This is a hybrid position, working some days in our office in Plymouth, MN and other days remote
- This position does not require frequent travel
Please note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $66,100 to $118,300. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $72,800 to $129,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.