Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
This role has responsibility and capability to work multi-platforms. Responsible for large and more complex components, while influencing overall product architecture and patterns. Actively engages with users and customer feedback processes to improve personal and organization understanding of business, market, and customer’s perspectives. Considers the user experience, business impact and solution objective when participating in or leading feature/capability elaboration, backlog grooming, design, and development of solutions. Demonstrates understanding of cost of quality (correctness, usability, availability) and ensures customer/market quality requirements are addressed in solution requirements and designs. Contributes to or leads initiatives that drive score improvement
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Moderate familiarity with many technologies and shares this with others
- Recommends ways to mitigate interdependencies
- Shares learnings with others to influence change
- Effectively communicates with business stakeholders and technical team
- Recommends how to best use data science
- Breaks complex topics into meaningful chunks of information
- Sorts through large amounts of data to assess for relevancy
- Seeks out multiple sources to gather information
- Identifies cause and effect relationships between known and unknown variables
- Demonstrates ability to quickly learn and appropriately apply new technologies to solve engineering
- Designs, develops, and implements solutions that exemplify modern software engineering practices
- Reuses and/or develops for reuse complex components or capabilities to solve complex problems and needs
- Enhances system design/architecture to simplify and improve resiliency in system interactions and dependencies
- Contributes to or helps drive architecture/design, technology, and tool decisions and implementations
- Implements and continuously improves agile software delivery, code management, and operations practices
- Mentors junior team members in modern engineering practices, technologies, and patterns
- Owns the technical debt backlog and high-level plan
- Maintains current perspective on technology trends, applying that to personal and team capability growth.
- Actively participate in code review
- Providing guidance on the technical implementation across the delivery team
- Leading the teams on Proof of Technology projects
- Technical solution analysis and recommendations
- Framework development
- Significant hands-on coding is required
- Mentorship of other team members is required
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience developing in an enterprise environment
- 3+ years of experience with C#, .Net Core 3.x, Angular (Version 6+ preferred)
- 3+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL development
- Experience developing RESTful APIs using C# and .NET Core
- DevOps experience leveraging CI/CD tools such as Azure DevOps or similar tools
- Experience building automation and development tools such as CLIs or SDKs
- Experience building software using modern patterns such as streaming, event-driven architectures, and microservices
- Experience with a variety of database technologies (Relational/Non-Relational)
- Experience collaborating across teams to deliver complete and cohesive features and end-to-end experiences, on time
- Experience designing and building cloud native APIs and services
- Experience implementing and driving complex solutions through a team of engineers
- Demonstrated ability to impact/influence engineering and project teams
- Proven track record of shipping highly scalable and reliable services/systems
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors., WellMed is a network of doctors, specialists and other medical professionals that specialize in providing care for 550,000+ older adults with over 16,000 doctors’ offices in Texas and Florida through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Software Engineer, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote