Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
In this position the candidate will have an opportunity to drive technical standards and engineering culture to software products and application features for the healthcare industry. The candidate will work as an individual contributor together with technical leadership and development teams. They will own driving inner source software projects which will support mission critical applications. Candidate must be a quick learner and have excellent communication skills.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Candidate should be confident to work independently, handle and guide the team and should be self-motivated
- Candidate should be able to drive technical architecture, design and best practices in the capacity of individual contributor as well as in a consulting mode
- The candidate should have good analytical and self-learning skills and desire to learn new technologies
- Candidate should have worked in microservices environment and should be fully aware of reference architectures and design patterns required for a complex implementation
- Lead and develop teams focused on modernization, enablement, and engineering culture
- Create quick working proof of concepts to validate and formalize solutions and design
- Own the overall technical design and direction of products
- Bring innovative ideas to help continuously improve the application portfolio including the design, build, deploy, test and runtime within cloud ecosystems
- Participate in debugging and performance tuning in a high performance cloud platform
- A great attitude and the passion and persistence to solve complex problems
- Involve in troubleshooting and debugging critical problems and resolving complex technical issues that may arise.
- Drive automation in project teams using best in class CI/CD and DevOps principles
- Execute development processes for the project such as build automation, unit testing, software configuration management and packaging.
- Able to solve simple to complex issues independently or with minimal support from SMEs’
- Work closely with development teams on data solutions with RDBMS and NoSQL systems and ensure appropriate data modelling to meet business requirements.
- Provide inputs to development teams. Setup and maintain documentation and standards. Develop innovation, strategies, processes, and best practices.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Mentoring junior team members in design decisions and own the code reviews.
- Good in oral & written communication skills. Exposure to healthcare domain is plus
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 8+ years of experience with 2+ years of experience working as a lead with expertise in building and shipping production ready software in a scaled distributed environment
- Expertise implementing microservices
- Excellent programming skills with Java and related frameworks like Spring Boot, Hibernate, Rest Assured, ActiveMQ etc
- Knowledge of UI based technologies preferably with Angular
- Knowledge of a variety of modern open-source technologies (Kafka, AVRO, Prometheus, ELK, Kubernetes,)
- Knowledge of a variety of modern database technologies with experience in both RDBMS and NoSQL Implementations
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Deployment Strategies
- Expertise with RESTful Web Services
- Expertise with Git version control
- Expertise in container virtualization utilizing Docker and CICD using Jenkins, Gitlab or CircleCI
- Experience decoupling monolithic applications
- Health Care industry experience
- Experience with modern UI frameworks such as Angular
- Experience with commercial cloud platforms and implementation
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical colleagues.
- Ability to influence change and modernization within partner teams
- Ability to lead and develop people
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Lead Software Engineer, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota