Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Identify, prospect, and establish new customers within a large territory.
- Sell account based services (HSA’s) directly to new employers either in collaboration with Carrier / Broker Alliance or independently, primarily in the 3000+ group size.
- Meet annual sales goals, sales activity targets, developing sales plans and calling strategies ; conducting / participating in sales presentations and conferences creating an awareness of Optum Financial Services’ products and services
- Develop new Broker / Consultant networks to mine new Employer referrals
- Develop and Foster internal relationships with UHC / Optum partners to develop new business opportunities
- Maintain an ongoing relationship with brokers / consultants to encourage continuing new business referrals and to support brokers and consultants with technical assistance
- Own / lead, sales process and client engagement through the sale, coordinating with all necessary parties (ex. legal, pricing, finance, RFP etc.) to close a sale
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of sales development experience, business development experience, or a combination of both
- calling on decision makers and economic buyers
- Sales and marketing experience including growing a business or portfolio of clients within the health insurance/financial services industry
- Account relationship management experience
- Experience to effectively message, position and present information for client impact and influence
- Experience in negotiation, influencing, collaboration, and listening skills
- Proven ability to operate and effectively navigate in a highly complex environment with a high level of collaboration
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and CRM (ex. Salesforce)
- Ability to travel frequently, 50%+
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- Experience selling Health Savings Accounts
- Relationships with key local brokers / consultants within the market
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one gi information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-relatedyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $60,000 to $115,000. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $65,000 to $130,000. Role is also eligible to receive bonuses based on sales performance. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.