Who We Are:
SwRI's Government Property Administration office assists the technical research divisions in meeting the requirements of government prime contracts and subcontracts when Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) property clauses and/or additional property provisions from government agencies apply.
Objectives of this Role:
- Serve as the primary point of contact for Department of Defense (DoD) Property Management Control System Audits, Internal Audit Self-Assessments, and other agency property management system audits when applicable.
- Oversee the administrative staff assigned to Government Property Administration and have the ability to inspire teamwork.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Full responsibility and oversight of the Government Property Management System for SwRI.
- Oversee the activities for continual management and accountability of Government Property in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulations, DoD Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement, and other agency regulations.
- Be responsible for developing, implementing, and maintaining policy and procedures that are in compliance with the FAR with relation to Government Property Management.
- Requires a Bachelors with a 3.00 GPA in Business, Logistics, Management, or directly related with related industry experience
- 3-10 years: Government Property and/or Logistical Experience
- Professional certification through the National Property Management Association as a Certified Professional Property Manager (CPPM) is highly desired and/or past military experience in logistical position
- Must have the ability to communicate in a highly effective manner in a sometimes fast-paced environment and have supervisory experience
- Experience with Government Property Management which includes knowledge of the FAR and DFARS as they pertain to the management of property under Government contracts
- Experience with or desire to learn processes associated with identifying and entering Government-Furnished Property into the DoD IUID Registry
- Experience with DoD E-Tools System (Plant Clearance and Loss Reports).
- Experience with Property Management System audits performed by a DCMA Government Property Administrator and/or other agency Property Administrators
- Exceptional communications skills with experience interfacing with senior management, project managers, other internal business department staff, and internal and external auditors
- Experience or interest in learning reconciling Contractor-Acquired Property with the General Ledger Account and resolving variances
- Moderate experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Work; Excel; and PowerPoint)
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
Military Friendly: Your military experience may apply to this position
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace