ABOUT THE COMPANY
Our client is a well-established organization of San Antonio with a reputation of family and excellence for over 100 years. They are expanding and have a current need for a Sr Accountant to join their corporate headquarters. This is an organization that values its people and holds true to its overall mission and values.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR IN THE SR ACCOUNTANT:
You are a high caliber/net worth accounting professional with a solid general ledger transactional background. You excel in customer service and developing trusted internal and external relationships.
WHAT THE SR ACCOUNTANT WILL DO:
The Sr Accountant will perform a variety of accounting, cash management, tax reporting and administrative work necessary to meet the needs of the organization which includes: 100+ financial entities (C-CORP, S-CORP, LLP, LLC), including limited partnerships, foundations, & trusts.
* Prepares balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports to summarize current and projected company financial position
* Maintains accounting ledgers; preparing cash transaction entries for general ledger; posting and reviewing journal entries; reconciling intercompany accounts and transactions between affiliated entities and family members; reconciling investment brokerage statements
* Performs the daily accounting activities required to maintain the financials of the company
* Performs monthly financial closing, prepare monthly financial statements and account reconciliations which include preparation of reports for owners/family members
* Analyzes financial data and prepares ad hoc financial reports as needed
* Prepares financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital
* Prepares annual tax reporting requirements which includes preparation of some Form 1099s
REQUIREMENTS OF THE SR ACCOUNTANT:
Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Business Management, or related field preferred
CPA and/or Partnership Accounting experience preferred
A minimum of six years of experience required
Power BI reporting experience preferred
Advanced Microsoft Office and PC software skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint programs are required
Ability to accurately and efficiently use applicable software such as Allvue Accounting and Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM would be a plus