If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, youhave to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself,your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing yourlife's best work.(sm)
The Sr. Administrative Assistant provides a wide variety ofsenior-level administrative support to one department and multiple businessunits. Serves as Business Segment Liaison (BSL) with responsibilities inleadership onboarding. Assists in the adherence of departmental budgets,prepares documents for personnel changes, and produces various operatingreports and spreadsheets for the department served. Provides traditionaladministrative/clerical support duties such as: meeting minutes, noterecording, document development, meetings scheduling/organizing, making travelarrangements, greeting visitors, setting up and maintaining files, trackingexpenses, and coordinating building and equipment maintenance. Serves as asolid administrative and moderately technical resource for the QualityOperations department. Additionally, this position will coordinate activitiesfor others and will be required to apply knowledge and skills to resolvecomplex issues by implementing critical thinking and problem-solving.
- Creates/preparesmeeting materials (e.g., PowerPoint deck; agendas) and ensure distribution toappropriate individuals in a timely manner
- Makestravel arrangements (e.g., airline; hotel; ground transportation; office spaceassignment) for meeting attendees (e.g., external customers; executives)
- Hosts,coordinates, and/or facilitates meetings/external events as needed (e.g.,introduce speakers; manage PowerPoint deck; ensure time schedules are adheredto; assist with technology; take notes)
- Plansand organizes logistics of large and/or offsite events, using internalresources as needed.
- Compilesand/or integrates information needed to complete reports and documents
- Preparesand/or formats office documentation (e.g., proposals; letters; spreadsheets;reports) needed for various audiences (e.g., clients; executives; internalbusiness partners)
- Utilizesrelevant software applications (e.g., Microsoft Project; Word; Excel;PowerPoint; Outlook; OneNote; Visio; Publisher; Access; AdobePro)
- Ensuresemployees/contractors receive access and guidance with office operations
- Createsand/or maintains an administrative desk manual to ensure continuity of officeoperations.
- PerformsBusiness Segment Liaison (BSL) activities, as needed (e.g., hardware/softwareacquisition/disposal, new employee onboarding)
- Entersand submits purchase orders into relevant systems (e.g., ARIBA, ServiceNow,Secure, and Concur) to purchase office supplies from pre-approved vendors.
- Manages/monitors/procuresoffice supplies, goods, and services (e.g., process/reconcile invoices, travel,and other expenses, payments, and/or reimbursements)
- Collaborateswith facilities management (e.g., attend meetings; communicate impact)regarding potential changes/improvements to the office environment
- Demonstratesunderstanding of applicable business departments' operations, drivers, and/orprocedures
- Consults/communicateswith internal and/or external customers to identify and/or provides neededresources (e.g., tools; services) or resolve issues
- Researchesand/or provides needed information to respond to requests in a timely manner.
- Establishesrelationships and collaborates with key internal and/or external resourcepersonnel to facilitate office operations
- Performsall other related duties as assigned
You'llbe rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that willchallenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in yourrole as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Highschool diploma or GED equivalent required with at least 2 years of collegecoursework or business vocational school education
- Fouror more years of directly related work experience with increasingresponsibility required
- Advancedknowledge of spreadsheets, data retrieval, word processing, and presentationsoftware required (e.g. Microsoft applications to include Word, Excel,PowerPoint, Outlook, and Visio)
- Excellentoral and written communication skills with strong attention to detail andexcellent organizational skills required
- Musthave the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Mustbe able to maintain professionalism and a positive service attitude at alltimes
- Employees are required to screen for symptomsusing the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive VoiceResponse (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similarUnitedHealth Group approved symptom screener prior to entering the work siteeach day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. Inaddition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to weara mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- You will be asked to perform this role in anoffice setting or other company location
- Associate'sDegree or four years of college coursework
- Previousexperience in a healthcare environment preferred
- Experienceproviding senior-level administrative support to multiple executives at the SVPlevel and their teams in a fast-paced environment
- Experiencewith Concur for travel requirements/invoice reconciliation and expenses
- Experiencewith managing multiple competing requests and demonstrating the ability toprioritize
- Experiencewith scheduling meetings and events using virtual/remote meeting technology(e.g. Zoom, WebEx)
- Experiencewith Excel pivot tables, splicing, and sparklines
- Extensiveexperience with the development of executive presentations and reports (e.g.Tableau)
- Experiencewith managing access to SharePoint pages and with SharePoint page editing andmaintenance
- Experiencewith facilitation and project coordination
- Experiencewith event and logistics planning for town halls, team building, and employeerecognition events
- Experiencewith creating and managing work ticketing and tracking system
- Experiencewith developing, implementing, and improving existing administrative processes
- Experiencewith creating and maintaining department master calendars
- Abilityto build trust, exhibit discretion, and maintain confidentiality
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative healthcare, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting240,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida,through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical managementservices. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family ofcompanies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patientsunderstand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Ourproviders and staff are selected for their dedication and focus onpreventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and asingular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physiciansfocus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCareprovides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliatedmedical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part andtheir physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medicaldecision-making and patient care. OptumCare's support services do not interferewith or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any oftheir physicians.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere:OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers andall qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment withoutregard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteranstatus, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidatesare required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
JobKeywords: Administrative Assistant, Houston, TX, Texas