ACT Consulting has an immediate need for a Sr. BI Developer with our direct client Please take a moment to review the job description. If this is something you are interested in, please send a copy of your resume to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] or contact us at 860-924-1755 for additional details.
Title: Sr. BI Developer
Duration: Long term Contract
Rate - $57/hr on W2
***only W2 consultants, No Corp to Corp.****
The Senior BI Developer, Aftersales & Engineering DevOps will primarily focus on designing and
building quality BI solutions that include both dashboard and report development as well backend
eg. ETL, and/or database development to support these solutions. He/She will be responsible for
interacting with other members of the project team and build solid partner relations with
necessary partner/stakeholder groups within BMW for requirement gathering and successful
He/She should have a passion for solving complex issues, while having the flexibility and
adaptability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies when necessary with a consistent
positive attitude. He/She must be self-motivated, able to work independently, and willing to take on
challenging opportunities as needed.
Key Responsibilities Include:
• Design and build new reports/dashboards and update existing dashboards based on
• Work with Database teams to build new data models, enhance existing data models to
support complex reporting solutions.
• Work with Business to gather requirements and brainstorm new solutions to fulfill their
• Analyze underlying logic for performance optimization of complex reports and dashboards
using good standards and best practices.
• Resolve data quality issues and bugs reported by users.
• Build and develop complex ETL workflows to transform and load data from different
sources and to different targets.
• Provide estimates for designing and building dashboards and/or ETL workflows to fulfill
• Supervise other project members on technical issues.
• Perform testing and deploying components.
• Document Business Proposals, System Design documents and Operation handbooks/user
• Make a positive impact with innovation and forward thinking.
Qualifications and Experience:
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience over 10 years is required.
• Proficient with Informatica design and build expertise.
• Proficient in Cognos 11, Tableau. Design and build expertise of reports and complex
• Experience in database design and data modeling on Datawarehouse, Data Lake and
• Strong analytical skills for new functions, problem resolution and support of the
• Proficient in ITS processes to include but not limited to analysis, design, build, and testing
and change control.
• Proven track record of working on large scale information technology projects is required.
• Experience with MuleSoft and Salesforce Einstein Analytics a plus.
• Strong working knowledge of SDLC, Microsoft Office tools, Jira and Confluence.
• Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
• 1-2 years Automotive OEM industry experience a plus.