UnitedHealthcare is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Sr. Data Scientist will support the data management and advanced analytics environment for a complex, multi-brand organization, and is responsible for applying machine learning and other advanced statistical techniques to provide data-driven solutions. This position is also responsible for the development and leadership of more junior level data science members. The role requires a technologically strong background with an aptitude for working with business stakeholders to manage and solve complex analytical problems that help drive business growth. Main projects will drive the Azure ML platform maturity in the sales and marketing domains to increase sales, lower the cost of acquisition, and improve the consumer experience.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Work with the data analytics and business teams to integrate and transform lead generation, direct-to-consumer, product, customer experience, recommendations & much more
- Engage with business stakeholders to ask the right questions and begin the discovery process
- Acquire and prepare data for various analytical and ML projects
- Integrate with existing and future state platform and technology
- Initial data investigation and exploratory data analysis
- Take responsibility for estimating, planning, and managing work and reporting on progress
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years of experience related to data, data management and/or data analytics
- 3+ years of SQL experience
- 2+ years of Python and/or R experience
- Ability to create various types of predictive models
- Azure experience
- ML Ops and/or DevOps experience
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex procedures to technical and non-technical colleagues
- Demonstrated attention to detail and desire to probe further into data
- Experience with Data Visualization tools such as Tableau or PowerBI
- Experience with Unstructured Data
- End-to-end understanding of how technologies are integrated
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Master’s degree in quantitative field
- Machine Learning experience in a sales and/or marketing setting
- SAFe experience
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual. We all want to make a difference with the work we do. Sometimes we're presented with an opportunity to make a difference on a scale we couldn't imagine. Here, you get that opportunity every day. As a member of one of our elite teams, you'll provide the ideas and solutions that help nearly 25 million customers live healthier lives. You'll help write the next chapter in the history of health care. And you'll find a wealth of open doors and career paths that will take you as far as you want to go. Go further. This is your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Sr. Data Scientist, Data Scientist, Senior Data Scientist, DS, Data Analytics, Senior Data Scientist, Data Management, SQL, Azure, Python R, DevOps, ML Ops, PowerBI, Tableau, Dallas, TX, Texas, Minnetonka, MN, Minnesota, Chicago, IL, Illinois, Indianapolis, IN, Indiana, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Remote, Work from home, Work at home