- This is a virtual / 100% remote position based in the U.S.**
The Sr. Director of People and Culture is responsible for the oversight of People and Culture practices and objectives that foster an employee-oriented, high-performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, collaboration, and goal attainment. This position provides strategic leadership to the organization in all areas as they relate to, performance management practices, compensation, and benefits review, employee relations and culture oversight, recruitment and retention, reward and recognition incentives, policies (local, state & federal compliance), risk management and safety, and employee development and training.
This role also serves as a strategist, consultant, and implementer, and often serves as the CEO's ‘right-hand person.’ Ensuring streamlined/efficient activities within the organization based on the priorities of the CEO and executive team. This role will be exposed to highly sensitive information and strict confidentiality and discretion will be required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Oversee and manage the People and Culture team and processes in a virtual environment,including recruitment, onboarding, compensation, coaching, staff development/employee engagement, performance management, and employee relations, benefits planning, and administration.
- Partner with CEO and leadership team for strategic talent management and development, organizational positioning from a human capital perspective, onboarding, and retention initiatives.
- Serve as an advisor/coach to managers to support the coaching of employees and implementation of required P&C processes.
- Ensure policies and procedures are seamlessly developed and executed.
- Collaborate with other leaders in order to align people and culture initiatives with organizational goals.
- Support culture and adherence to mission, vision, and values; monitor through surveys/team huddles; lead regular “All Hearts” meetings.
- Identify training and certification needs for organization and track compliance.
- Develop and track the P&C department budget and annual budget planning process.
- Ensure policies comply with relevant state, national, and international rules/laws.
- Maintain and, where appropriate establish, consistent people and culture policies and procedures.
P&C Information and Performance Management
Utilizing Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) for Compensation, Benefits, Compliance, and Applicant Tracking System (ATS), guide the effective implementation and adoption of new human resources systems, by identifying best practices within the department.
- Ensure the maintenance of all human resources record-keeping systems to meet requirements for personnel, compliance, audit, workers’ compensation, insurance, and legal claims.
- Standardize employee documentation and ensure the confidentiality of all P&C information.
- Implement and oversee the employee performance review process, providing ongoing support and feedback to department directors.
Recruitment & Retention
- Oversee the recruitment function and develop recruiting strategies to attract, hire, and retain a high performing workforce, periodically re-evaluating effectiveness and cost-benefit.
- Recommend employer-branding strategies to be identified as an employer of choice in the marketplace.
- Develop effective onboarding strategies designed to retain employees to support organizational goals.
- Create employee engagement and retention programs to support professional growth and skill development, monitor, and maintain a high level of employee engagement.
- Develop a robust pipeline of talent to position the employee population for organization growth.
Resourcing & Communications
- Provide executive-level support to the CEO, senior-level decision-makers and project managers
- Responsible for strategic project management at the highest level, including facilitating the planning, tracking, and execution of the company objectives and key results (OKR) process
- Assist the CEO in facilitating effective decision-making and team-building and coordinate the execution of strategic initiatives across the organization, focusing on working with the CEO and Executive Team to continually improve the effectiveness/efficiency of the Executive Team
- Act as the communication arm for the CEO with other executives in the organization, clients, or major stakeholders and facilitate company communications inspire and inform.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- 5+ years management level P&C experience managing a team of P&C professionals.
- Licensing and/or Certifications: PP&C or SPP&C certification is preferred
- Highly experienced with change management, communications and startup opportunities
- Project management experience preferred
Demonstrated understanding of general P&C Processes, ADA, FMLA, Cobra, benefit design and administration, workers’ compensation, compensation design, and annual planning process. Knowledge of legal aspects of P&C, employment law, including state and federal laws and statutes, EEO Compliance.
Skills And Abilities
- Ability to make independent decisions on behalf of the P&C Department.
- Ability to coach and influence decision-makers, as well as frontline employees, in accordance with compliance and employment laws.
- Demonstrated written, verbal, presentation, and listening skills.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve organizational strategy goals
- Collaborative yet decisive style
- Connection to our purpose/mission
- Sense of humor
We are a dedicated and heart-centered team that is passionate about making the world a healthier, happier, more conscious place. It is our mission to work collectively to contribute to the student experience and our company culture. We celebrate, share, and live Empowered Education's vision of doing what you love, with love and we are committed to working together as a team with mutual intention and purpose. We stand for living a passion-full life, striving to be the best version of ourselves, and for curiosity and learning in ever-expanding abundance. Most importantly, we stand together in support of our students as they step into the thrilling spotlight that is waiting for them.
WHY WORK FOR US:
We celebrate, share, and live Empowered Education's vision of creating a world where people are the healthiest versions of themselves. We believe transformative education in personalized nutrition and compassionate habit change is the key to accomplishing both. We also believe in changing the world while LOVING your work!
- Casual Dress Code
- 100% Remote Workforce
- Comprehensive Health Benefits
- Free Access to our school's programs
- Annual access to a Health Coach & the Nutrition Clinic
- Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, and Paid Volunteer Time
Empowered Education is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to providing a safe space built on a foundation of inclusion. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and any other protected status as required by applicable law. We celebrate equity and equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and all other characteristics that make us wonderfully unique.