If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Challenge yourself, your peers and our industry by shaping what health care looks like and doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum Labs is developing a strategic application platform using the latest Microsoft technologies (Azure, .NET Core) as well as React/React Native for front-ends. This platform reduces the time and effort it takes our software engineering teams to deliver new and innovative solutions which improve and maintain the health of our study participants. The three key areas this position would lead are core developer tools, operational tools, and core services -- which are shared across multiple studies/applications. The application platform includes building the platform and business capabilities in a reusable architecture to increase synchronization across teams and to increase the compounding effect that reusable services can have on the organization.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Demonstrating a passion for growing and mentoring team members professionally as well as technically via direct HR management as well as direct and indirect technical leadership
- Running the day to day management and delivery of the software products required for the creation, improvement, operation and maintenance of the platform
- Serve as a hands-on leader (30% architecture/coding)) and interact directly with other development teams to understand their needs and pain points which are slowing them down
- Department and architectural vision can be consumed quickly and executed upon with limited coaching or hands on involvement from senior leadership
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 5+ years software architecture experience using public cloud platforms (Azure preferred)
- 5+ years experience writing software using C# or similar languages
- 3+ years of HR management experience of five to seven individuals
- 3+ years leading business technology strategy initiatives
- 2+ years experience handling complex technology initiatives concurrently
- Recent (within the past 2 years) experience building software using modern patterns such as streaming, event-driven architectures, microservices, and cloud
- Experience presenting to and working with an executive audience
- Experience driving technology modernization strategies
- System and/or vendor integration expertise
- History of managing and leading cross functional matrixed teams
- Telecommute is available for the right candidate with preference given to those that are able to commute into the Minnetonka, MN
- Employees are required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive VoiceResponse (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group approved symptom screener prior to entering the work site each day, in order to keep our work sites safe. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
Careers at UnitedHealth Group. We have modest goals: Improve the lives of others. Change the landscape of health care forever. Leave the world a better place than we found it. Such aspirations tend to attract a certain type of person. Crazy talented. Compassionate. Driven. To these select few, we offer the global reach, resources and can-do culture of a Fortune 6 company. We provide an environment where you're empowered to be your best. We encourage you to take risks. And we offer a world of rewards and benefits for performance. We believe the most important is the opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $130,300 to $250,200. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: architect, .net core, .net, enterprise architect, solutions architect, cloud, AWS, Azure, onprem, telecommute, remote, work from home