Westmoreland Mining, LLC is hiring a Sr. Mining Engineer to be based out of our office in Lone Tree, CO in the Denver Metro Area . This role is responsible for performing multiple engineering-related tasks and projects for Westmoreland. The preferred candidate will design, develop, implement, and analyze technical products and systems and have a broad knowledge of engineering procedures and assist in the resolution of complex problems. While the job is primarily office and work-site based, there is some flexibility available. We will provide relocation assistance for the right candidate. This is an individual contributor role and is not a supervisory position.
If you have a bachelor's degree in Mining Engineering, Civil Engineering, or Geological Engineering and at least 8 years of related experience, then we are interested in you.
· Competitive pay ranging from $90,000-$120,000/year, depending on experience
· Annual bonus up to 15% of base salary, dependent on personal and company performance
· Comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with 5% match
· 3 weeks of paid time off, 7 paid holidays, 4 floating holidays
· Wellness program with a $100/month stipend to use towards anything wellness, WFH equipment or set up installment payments for bigger purchases (up to $1,200/year)
· Tuition assistance with undergraduate loans
· Program to assist with obtaining your PE/Peng Certification
· Relocation assistance to move to the beautiful Denver, CO metro area
Apply today to learn more.
· Bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering, Civil Engineering, or Geological Engineering from an accredited university
· Minimum 8 years related experience
· PE/PEng certification strongly desired or ability to obtain within 1 year
· Any equivalent combination of training, education and experience that provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities
· Strong technical writing, group presentation, and interpersonal skills
· Strong problem solving and 3D visualization skills
· Ability to travel up to 50% to mining sites within the US and Canada
· Valid passport required
· Fully vaccinated individuals preferred as Canada requires proof of COVID vaccination to enter their country
Preferred Software Skills:
· Experience with mine planning software (XPAC, XACT, Minex, Carlson, AutoCAD, or equivalent)
· Knowledge of unit costing methods for resource and reserve analysis and experienced in financial analysis and with financial models. Experience with Xeras cost estimating tool a plus.
· Familiarity with business systems (JD Edwards) and standard office application software