Description: Our client is looking to fill a Sr. Scrum Master role!
As a Sr. Scrum Master, you will routinely wear the hats of facilitator, teacher, coach, and mentor to help enable your product team to develop customer-centric software products from idea to production. The Sr. Scrum Master is a servant leader to the team cultivating an environment of efficiency and coaching on scrum best practices, removing team impediments (including addressing root causes), and facilitating collaborative interactions and events aimed at delivering business value. Although they will care about the success of the product, they will care more about the health and success of their team. The Sr. Scrum Master must comfortably speak to the essence of the agile manifesto's 12 principles and exemplify the scrum values of focus, courage, openness, commitment and respect.
- Teach stakeholders, product owners, and development team members the mechanics and value of the scrum framework, along with value-driven product development techniques.
- Facilitate effective working sessions and team ceremonies as desired by team (e.g. vision, roadmap, release planning, sprint review, retrospective, sprint planning, story mapping, etc.).
- Train the team to conduct effective daily stand-up meetings focused on attaining the sprint goal.
- Facilitate focused team retrospectives aimed at helping the team identify opportunities for improvement with a plan of action.
- Coach product owners in best practices for managing stakeholder relationships, as well as maintaining and organizing an effective product backlog.
- Teach and mentor organization in writing effective user stories.
- Facilitate the definition of done negotiations that enable higher product quality through better extreme programming behaviors and DevOps practices (TDD/CI/CD).
- Coach team members in agile estimation techniques aimed at generating effective team discussions and valuable, working software every sprint.
- Coach team members on daily application of the Agile Manifesto's 12 principles and provide guidance on correcting anti-patterns and issues made visible by the scrum framework.
- Facilitate consensus-building activities and conflict resolution in order to improve team effectiveness.
- Frequently assess the scrum maturity of the team and organization in order to coach the team and organization to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Proactively conduct one-on-one conversations with team members focused on building trust, identifying coaching opportunities, and improving overall team cohesion and morale.
- Proactively and reactively remove impediments to the team and elevate awareness of any organizational impediments discovered. Ensure root causes are effectively identified and addressed.
- Partner with Agile thought-leaders to explore and become involved in opportunities for improvement across the scrum teams and company as a whole.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required, assigned, or requested.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Information Technology, or related field required; in lieu of a degree, 6+ years of relevant experience may be considered; Master's degree is a plus
- At least 5 years of Scrum Master experience
- Experience implementing LESS or NEXUS framewrorks
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) with Scrum Alliance required; Advanced Certified ScrumMaster (A-CSM) or Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) is a plus, Certified Scrum Professional (CSP-SM) preferred
- Must have familiarity with common and complex Agile practices, software development environments, and industry best practices; experience with Systems Thinking and Lean Startup is a plus
- Understanding of the fundamentals of software development processes and procedures as well as knowledge of the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, with a high comfort level presenting to a variety of audiences, including senior management. Communication is critical.
- Strong teaching, coaching, mentoring skills as well as conflict resolution skills
- Working knowledge of kanban boards, scrum of scrums, and effective value-driven backlog management practices
- Basic knowledge of and some experience with visual/graphic facilitation (sketching skills)
Contact: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]