Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design and develop applications and application components in an agile environment
- Create high-quality software by conducting peer design/code reviews
- Maintain and enhance existing library of online applications
- Test and debug applications to meet firm standards using automated test cases
- Participate in the design process to transform quantitative analyses into user-friendly web applications
- Partner with the research to incorporate analytics into web-based applications
- Proactively advise on novel approaches and methods to develop solutions to health care's growing challenges
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor of Science in computer science or related degree
- 3+ years of experience with development of large-scale web-based applications
- Hands-on development with ReactJS
- Knowledge of object-oriented development and concepts such as inheritance, polymorphism, and abstraction
- Knowledge of relational databases
- Cloud-based application development with AWS
- Understands indexing, joins, normalization, ACID
- Proven quantitative, analytic, and logical reasoning skills
- Experience development of serverless cloud-based applications on AWS or Azure
- Familiarity with C#, ASP.net and MVC framework
- Expert relational database skills (SQL Server)
- Knowledge of scripting languages (especially Python)
- Knowledge of developing scalable and performant enterprise software using Big Data technologies
- Prior experience working in a team environment, as well as independently and autonomously
- Demonstrated ability to articulate technical concepts to non-developers
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential requirement of this role. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies now require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles require full COVID-19 vaccination as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. The salary range for Connecticut/Nevada residents is $87,900 to $156,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Advisory Board Research, Senior Software Engineer, Software Engineering, Technology, Optum, OptumInsight, UHG, UnitedHealth Group, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote, Washington, DC, District of Columbia