Conducts basic or routine in-person and online training for program applications and/or creates/updates basic/routine training materials. These duties and responsibilities may vary based on the needs of the customer and their users. The Training Specialist will deliver classroom virtual and on-the-job training including but not limited to new hire, operational, procedural, product, process, and behavior reinforcement. This role will facilitate programs and implement ongoing initiatives that improve the transfer of customer service skills from the virtual classroom to the job. This role will assess production, staff performance, and development and assist in the administration and tracking of skill assessment and measurements and partner with client resources on improvement projects across all lines of business.
* Spends 30-40 hours a week facilitating stand up or remote training, to include Train the Trainer sessions for internal and remote contact center trainers.
* Develops and improves training programs, curriculum and context for existing and new products and programs in addition to updating and maintaining the training manual, materials, and knowledge base.
* Collaborates and partners across the organization to ensure contact center environment is prepared to support new programs and products from both a logistics and training standpoint.
* Works with Operations to research, analyze, review, and create recommendations for training and development materials.
* Conducts quarterly assessment of contact center training delivery and programs.
* Works effectively in a team environment by supporting change and adding value to shape the customer service organization.
* Establishes and maintains the connectivity of interactive online training via Microsoft Teams or similar technologies. * * * Trouble shoots simple network issues with the assistance of onsite and ASM network engineers.
* Updates and maintains existing instructional materials such as lesson plans/curriculum, SOPs, learning objectives, user and instructor guides, handouts, practical exercises, and other necessary materials that are effective in assisting customer personnel and contractors attain the skills they require.
* Facilitates training on more routine/basic FRTIB participant service representative duties and others as required, in team or independent settings.
* Is prepared to potentially deliver training outside of the normal working hours to meet customer scheduling needs.
* Actively participates in peer review sessions and offers constructive comment with the intent of improving the team's products and services.
* Supports team ideas and initiatives that contribute to the success of the customer program/project.
Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent relevant years of experience.
5-8 years of experience as a teacher/trainer for a technical project. A combination of equivalent education and experience may be considered.
Minimum of 1 year experience working in a call center environment.
Other Job Specific Skills
* Strong written and verbal communication, with a solid knowledge of the structure and content of the English language, including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, syntax, and grammar.
* Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel) to support instructional design.
* Familiarity with e-Learning development and utility software such as Adobe Connect, Articulate, HTML, Camtasia, Captivate, Adobe Presenter, or other authoring tools, web conferencing software, Panopto video capture, etc.
* Ability to effectively communicate with FRTIB stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts.
* Experience with instructional design methodologies, adult learning principles, human behavior and performance, methods for curriculum and training design, and the measurement of training effectiveness.
* Superior time and project management skills with the ability to organize, prioritize, coordinate, and implement multiple projects.
* Experience evaluating and creating assessments and course materials in various delivery formats.
* Familiar with 508 accessibility requirements.
* Able to assume responsibility and work autonomously or with a team.
* Exhibits professional courtesy at all times and must be able to interact with other individuals of different levels of expertise.