Ref ID: 04080-0011969972
Classification: Staff Accountant
Compensation: $23.75 to $27.50 hourly
Our client, located in Downtown San Antonio, is searching for a Staff Accountant for a temporary to permanent position within their organization.
Daily the Staff Accountant will be responsible for but not limited to the following job duties:
The Staff Accountant performs the day-to-day Accounting transactions to ensure that all finances are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner.
• Receive and verify invoices and requisitions for goods and services; reconcile bank accounts.
• Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures; maintain accurate general ledger accounts.
• Process invoices on an accrual basis for payment; prepare and record journal entries month/year end reconciliation.
• Match invoices and evidence of receipt before processing for payment.
• Maintain fixed assets account and depreciation.
• Allocate expenses to the appropriate job site expense account codes for all expenses.
• Prepare vendor checks for mailing.
• Record all checks using proper account codes.
• Process and manage the bi-weekly check run.
• Prepare manual checks as required.
• Maintain accounts payable listing and investigate and resolve anomalies.
• Prepare and post journal entries.
• Maintain vendor files with updated information.
• Print and distribute monthly financial reports.
• Maintain and reconcile accrual accounts with associated expense accounts.
• Reconcile bank statements.
• Process year end IRS 1099 filings and present summary filing to Director of Finance for approval and signature.
• Other duties as assigned
• Maintain accountability over devices such as mobile phone, air-cards, electronic tablet, etc.
• Provide continuous communication, support and training to project managers and other company personnel for implementation of any and all areas as defined above.
• Continually updates job knowledge and evaluates internal operational processes to determine how competitive and current the organization is with the latest trends in the industry.
• Participates in conferences and educational opportunities; reads professional publications; maintains professional networks; and represents the organization in the community.
• Participates on committees and special projects and seeks additional responsibilities.
Skills/Abilities and Knowledge Required
• Detail oriented and strong organizational skills
• Advanced Knowledge of applicable accounting software
• Extensive working knowledge of Microsoft Office Package (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
• • Additional duties will be assign based off skill set by Accounting Manager or CFO
• Two (2) or more years of experience in Accounting
• Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles, accounting software, Sage Intacct, and Excel.
If you are extremely detail oriented, have 4-year experience in accounting able to multitask and are looking to work in a great environment this position is for you! Apply online today, email your resume to email@example.com or call (210) 504-1536 for immediate consideration. Apply today and start work tomorrow!