Our client, an Advertising Technology company in West Hollywood, CA is currently seeking a Staff Accountant for their Accounting team.
The Staff Accountant in this role will be responsible for financial record maintenance, financial reports, account reconciliations, assisting with budget and month end close process and other ad hoc account documentation and reporting.
The position reports directly to the Financial Controller and will assist in responding to information requests by management. This is a very fast paced department and exceptional organizational, customer/vendor follow up and follow through is critical.
A keen attention to detail and strong organizational skills is required for this role.
Staff Accountant duties:
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes.
- Contributing to the development and review of annual operating budgets and performance projections.
- Maintaining documentation for accounts payable, purchasing, and conducting internal audits.
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines.
- Responding to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with audits.
- Ensuring compliance with GAAP.
- Assisting the Financial Controller as needed.
Staff Accountant Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required.
- 1+ years of accounting experience.
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good problem-solving and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
If you or someone you know is interested in an entry level role with huge potential for growth, please apply immediately.