Ref ID: 04080-0011838320
Classification: Staff Accountant
Compensation: $27.50 to $30.00 hourly
Our client, a leading energy provider, is searching for a Staff Accountant with heavy accounts payable experience for a temporary project in San Antonio, TX.
On a daily basis, the staff accountant will assist the Accounts Payable department by performing a variety of moderately to highly complex Accounts Payable accounting activities using SAP software in accordance with policies, principles, standards, and regulatory requirements. The staff accountant will also assist the Accounts Payable team with the month end and quarter end close. Additional responsibilities will include the following;
• Accounting close consisting of various journal entries, invoice processing, reconciliations, and reporting.
• Research and clearing efforts related to SAP GRIR account and SAP AP Sub-ledger.
• Escheats uncashed checks in accordance with state guidelines.
• Coordinates testing and automation of systems. Develops test cases and documents results.
• Files IRS Tax forms for annual 1099 reporting process and prepares 1099.
• Facilitates payments between related companies and works with various departments to ensure intercompany transactions are balanced at month-end.
• Collects, compiles, analyzes, and verifies financial data to ensure the integrity of accounting records. Investigates and resolves discrepancies.
• Prepares analysis and schedules in support of financial statements.
• Posts journal entries and other financial transactions, maintains general ledger, and reconciles accounts.
• Identifies costs and efficiency gaps and recommends ways to reduce costs or improve processes and standards.
• May provide Accounts Payable accounting advice to leadership to assist them in managing their financial responsibilities.
• May document, update, and maintain internal procedures or work on special projects.
• Serves as a resource to less experienced accountants. May train or review the work of others.
The best candidates for the Staff Accountant position will have a Bachelors' Degree in Accounting or Finance and experience with SAP software. This person should also be able to work Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with occasional overtime when necessary. The best candidates will have a thorough understanding of generally accepted accounting principles, financial statements and reports, ledgers and journals. Our client would also like for this person to have the following skills;
• Advanced skill in Microsoft Excel
• Proficient in using in major accounting or related systems
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to review and analyze complex accounting information
• Ability to identify, research, and resolve complex accounting issues
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment and promote teamwork
• Ability to effectively interact with management
Don't miss out on this opportunity to join the industry leader! Apply today on our website!