Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are at the heart of Cantex. We are committed to a culture that respects our differences and values the contributions of all people.
*The following is required:
-Must be IV certified, with a minimum 1yr of IV experience preferred
-Rotating day and night shifts with alternating weekends as well
-Minimum 3 years experience as a pharmacist & 1 year in Long-Term Care Required
Job Summary: The purpose of the Staff Pharmacist position is to support all daily pharmacy operations and ensure compliance with all applicable pharmacy laws, rules, regulations, policies, best practices and standard operating procedures. The position will require supervision of technicians, business and clerical staff along with performance of staff pharmacist duties.
- Graduate of an ACPE accredited School of Pharmacy with a BS Pharm or Pharm.D. degree.
- Licensed and registered pharmacist in Texas
- ACPE-accredited IV certification is required.
- Pharmacy supervisory or management experience preferred.
- Long-term Care pharmacy experience preferred.
- Computer literacy is required.
- Must be able to handle potentially stressful situations and multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively communicate, direct, and at times, delegate tasks.
- Ability to read, write, and speak the English language is required.
- Must possess good organizational, problem solving and computer skills. Must possess good written and verbal communication skills for interfacing with all levels of staff, physicians, patients and other contacts.
The Staff Pharmacist is, at a minimum, responsible for the following functions, either directly or through delegation to qualified staff:
- Performance of staff pharmacist duties
- Ability to function as a Team Leader and Role Model of Cantex' high ethical standards and code of conduct
- Ensures delivery of quality pharmacy services to all patients and facilities;
- Helps identify and resolve operational problems that impact productivity and pharmacy effectiveness;
- Assists in defining and implementing strategic plans for continued pharmacy growth and business evolution.
- Anticipates and interprets customer needs, identifies quality and service-oriented customer solutions, and shares key findings with staff
- Answers incoming communications in a timely manner and integrates other excellent customer service activities.
- Works with other pharmacy staff to anticipate and interpret customer needs and business challenges
- Ensure a working environment that promotes respect and dignity among patient and staff populations.
- Builds confidence and respect of others through a positive and energizing style
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all pharmacy staff, superiors, other healthcare providers and the public.
- May assist with the recruitment, selection, verification and training of competent and appropriately licensed, registered, and/or certified department staff.
- Helps supervise professional employees and/or supervisors, technical staff, clerical staff and business support staff.
- Proactively assists with identifying talent internally and externally and actively cross-trains staff.
We are an Equal opportunity employer; We offer an excellent benefit plan to include 401K with match, CEU reimbursement, vacation, sick, holidays, medical, dental, and supplemental insurance Plans as well as a Highly competitive compensation package.