Sorrento, which is owned and operated by Cantex Continuing Care Network, is a 112-bed facility that represents the next generation in transitional short-term care setting offering around-the-clock clinical support complete with a comprehensive rehabilitation program. We currently have an opening for a part-time Physical Therapist Assistant for our in-house rehabilitation program!
- Reports to the Rehab Manager, Physical Therapy Lead, or Staff Physical Therapist.
- Treats Patients as directed by the Physical Therapist.
- Records treatments given in medical record.
- Participates in Patient care conferences and weekly rehabilitation meetings.
- Communicates with supervising therapist, rehab director and other interdisciplinary team members regarding Patient progress, problems, and plans.
- Participates in Facility in-service training programs.
- Records daily treatments and labor according to corporate procedure and state Physical Therapy rules.
- Instructs families and staff in maintenance programs as directed by the Physical Therapist.
- Assists with cleaning and maintenance of treatment area and department.
- Responsible for assuring patient/resident safety.
- Travels between facilities or other treatment locations as necessary to assist with patient treatment. Variable rotation work schedules are required.
- Meets established productivity targets.
- Completes all documentation per timeline outlined in department policy and as required.
- Records clinical documentation according to accepted regulatory, corporate and professional guidelines.
- Complies with state regulations and national standards as they apply to the practice of Physical Therapy.
- Adheres to the Cantex Code of Conduct.
Physical and Sensory Requirements (With or Without the Aid of Mechanical Devices): Mobility (includes walking, good balance), reaching, bending, lifting, grasping, fine hand coordination, ability to see and hear, ability to read and write, ability to communicate with Patients, family members, personnel, and ability to remain calm under stress.
- Graduate from an accredited Physical Therapy Assistant program.
- Current license in practicing state, if state licenses Physical Therapy Assistants.
- Must be able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Must possess good communication skills and be able to relate professionally and positively to Patients, Patient's family members, and Facility staff.
- Must meet all local health regulations, pass post-offer drug test, and pass post-employment physical exam if required.
- Must be capable of performing the Responsibilities of this job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
We are an Equal opportunity employer.