Valero provides the energy to take people anywhere they want to go around the globe. Our 10,000 employees work together as a team with the single goal of maintaining our status as a top petroleum refiner and ethanol producer. As an employee at Valero, not only will you have an opportunity to impact people’s lives through the products we manufacture in a safe, reliable environment, you will also be a part of a culture that thrives on positively impacting the people in the communities where we live and work.
As a Staff Real Estate Analyst you will work Under the supervision of the Director Global Real Estate Services, supports the Real Estate & Right of Way Department in maintaining all easements, deeds, leases, rentals, maps, plats, licenses and permits along with other related legal documents pertaining to all lands, properties and interests incorporated by the pipelines, terminals, refineries, ethanol plants, offices, surplus assets and subjugated facilities owned, leased and/or operated by Valero Energy Corporation, and all of its subsidiaries both domestic and international.
As a Staff Real Estate Analyst, you are a member of a select team that has the ability to make an impact within many of the different departments within Valero.
Key Competencies :
- Problem Solving
- Results Orientation
- Interpersonal Skills
Our goal at Valero is to continue to be the premier manufacturer, distributor, and marketer of quality transportation fuels and petrochemical feedstocks while serving the needs of our employees, communities and stakeholders.
You can help achieve this goal if you can :
- Determine ownership of properties and performs title searches of property required for acquisition & settlements.
- Prepare documents required for the acquisition of easements, fee title, state, county, and local permits, and other rights in real estate.
- Establishe values with regard to acquisitions.
- Negotiate the disposition of designated surplus properties through sale lease assignment, brownfield development, or sublease to maximize capital recovery.
- Negotiate for the acquisition of easements, fee title, permits, and other land rights.
- Prepare and service all necessary state, county, and local permits for construction and maintenance of facilities.
- Manage and provide work direction to contract agents, brokers, and other contractors.
This position is salaried exempt status, which means you are not eligible for overtime pay..
Successful candidates will have (required) :
- High school diploma or GED.
- Minimum of 8 years of related work experience in corporate real estate, pipeline right-of-way acquisition, and/or the oil and gas transportation & refining industry.
The most competitive candidates will have (preferred) :
- Bachelor’s degree.
- American Association of Petroleum Landmen (AAPL) and/or International Right-of-Way Association (IRWA) membership and certifications.
Position level and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Valero's employees are the heart of its success, and there is a reason why the company is an employer of choice in the fuels manufacturing and marketing industry. It’s not just the excellent benefits package, or the opportunities for personal growth, it’s also the caring and committed culture of the organization that makes everyone feel like they’re truly part of a team. For more information, visit Valero.com.
Valero is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to legally protected status including sexual orientation, gender identity, Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities and protected Veterans.