Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Stand-up and development of toolsets that perform real-time, automated configuration and control of cloud-based services and software-defined infrastructure
2. Review and develop security checks that provide continuous security and compliance within AWS and additional cloud platforms.
3. Automation and software delivery of security tools using Continuous Integration/Continuous Development processes
4. Requirements gathering and specification, development of architecture diagrams, and integration with additional tools (ServiceNow)
5. Ensure proper data points are captured and accounted for when calculating risk
6. Architects, designs, builds and delivers cloud threat analytics by leveraging cloud log correlation, AI & machine learning engines
7. Ability to architect and build data security solutions such as DLP, and encryption in transit/rest.
8. Familiar with various regulations and policies related to information security for the brokerage industry
9. Ability to conduct ROI and gap analysis for potential and existing products
10. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills for interactions at all levels across the organization
11. Ability to mentor less experienced engineers
12. Ability to perform problem solving in a complex demanding environment by drawing on a pool of technical experience, business understanding and good judgment
13. Works individually and with the security teams to define security requirements, track security specific issues/concerns, provide security solutions, communicate identified vulnerabilities being introduced into the environment, and identify exceptions to policy.
14. Leads the development of enterprise-wide designs as well as researches, develops and recommends architectural policies and practices for current and future initiatives from definition phase through implementation.
15. Manages internal Security projects that require little assistance from other groups. This includes writing requirements, managing the procurement process, initial installation and configuration and overseeing the entire project lifecycle.
16. Researches evaluate and stays current on emerging tools, techniques, and technologies.
17. Acts as team lead when necessary, working side-by-side with other personnel in an advisory, support, and training role.
18. A successful candidate will be able to manage multiple simultaneous projects and tasks that involve different team members.
19. Build a Cloud and Data Security platform roadmap
20. Architect & lead implementation of security tools for cloud migration and cloud infrastructure
21. Architect & lead implementation of risk mitigation tools such as DLP
22. Consult with more junior engineering staff on issues related to their assignments
23. Provide/identify training opportunities for Cloud and Data Security staff related to technical issues
24. Research latest threats including techniques used by individuals exploiting these vulnerabilities and threats
25. Ensure proper data points are captured and accounted for when calculating risk
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities
• Experience with Cloud and Data security, and project management experience
• Experience with AWS APIs, Lambda. DynamoDB, EC2, VPC, CloudFront, CloudTrail, CloudWatch, IAM.
• Expertise in SAAS and PAAS required.
• Familiar with operation of an Educational Institution
• Knowledge of enterprise architecture in particular Cloud Service Provider models such as Sales Force, MS Office 365, Oracle Cloud, AWS, Azure etc.
• Competent designer of mixed-technology solutions
• Ability to lead a team in a fast-paced multidisciplinary environment
• 4 Year College Degree or equivalent experience
• Minimum of 12+ years of IT experience (server/desktop hardware & software, networking, storage, disaster recovery, backup/restore, etc.)
• Minimum of 8 years of security experience (experience and understanding of all security domains)