The Weaver Experience
Weaver is a full-service national accounting, advisory and consulting firm with opportunities for professionals in many different fields. We seek to bring a human element to the world of accounting, which includes creating a diverse, collaborative and entrepreneurial workplace culture. Our leaders truly care about the well-being of all our employees and encourage them to pursue their ambitions.
While our business is based in numbers, our success is truly based on people. It's why we commit to supporting our people not just in their professional growth, but also in their ability to lead balanced, integrated lives. At the foundation of that commitment are our core values. Weaver's core values were created specifically to empower our people to deliver extraordinary service and be their best selves. Our goal is to balance high development with high performance in order to meet the long-term goals of each individual, team and our firm.
Learn more about our services, industry experience and culture at weaver.com.
Weaver helps federal, state, and local governments solve complex business issues, manage risk and add value in financial management, program management, operations improvement, and security and data management. In today's changing environment, the public sector is seeing an increase in physical and cyber threats, financial and performance reporting requirements, diversity in the workforce, and the impact of rapidly changing technologies.
Weaver provides management consulting, technology consulting, and risk consulting services to help state and local government agencies anticipate and address these and other complex challenges.
We are looking for a Director to provide engagement management, stakeholder management, project management, day-to-day project execution and supporting business development activities such as proposal development, opportunity pipeline development and professional networking. Examples of projects include IT strategy and implementation projects, cybersecurity and data protection strategy and implementation projects, data strategy and governance projects, software and vendor selection projects and technology risk assessments.
A Director will also be involved in practice development activities including creation of new service solution offerings, authoring thought leadership and white papers, mentoring and coaching consulting staff, and collaborating with other segment technology leaders.
* 10+ years of management consulting experience with at least 5 years in State & Local Government sector required
* Bachelor's degree required
* Demonstrates knowledge and practical application of leading technologies and solutions in customer relationship management, enterprise operations, data analytics, data governance and management, automation, cybersecurity and / or cloud
* Demonstrates the ability to articulate how leading technologies can be positioned or architected to solve business challenges and problems
* Demonstrates familiarity and application of leading frameworks, methodologies or standards such as the Project Management Institute Project Management Book of Knowledge (PMI PMBOK), Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Agile Scrum, Six Sigma, The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF), Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology (COBIT), or IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
* 10+ years of experience leading multiple, cross functional and global projects and implementations and project management
* Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in key facets of state and local government, including: Education, Housing, Transportation, Criminal Justice, and/or Administration and functional areas; and, strategic sourcing, shared services, economic development, sustainability, performance management, disaster recovery and/or customer contact centers
* Demonstrates extensive knowledge and/or a proven record of success in core management consulting skills and the ability to lead clients through solution development including experience in areas such as application development, system implementation, Quality Assurance/Quality Control and Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V)
* Business Development Experience: Sourcing and leading proposal development efforts for client engagement opportunities
* Demonstrates experiences leading all phases of a business solution delivery life cycle, including planning, analyzing, designing, building, testing, and deploying for large-scale technology transformation involving digital cloud based technologies, technical infrastructure and network access
* Conducting quality management of transformation projects and service delivery, and replacing disparate integrations
* Coordinating teams including establishing operating models and implementing methodologies to deliver global complex and high risk multi-year programs
* Developing and managing master integration management plans, critical dependency milestone trackers, and dashboards, tracking key program status updates and issues/risks, performing action item management for complex programs, including management of interface with infrastructure, communications, cyber, development and finance workstreams, utilizing project management tools
* Ability to articulate leading business issues and trends, including the associated technology implications within one or more industries
* Strong program management skills with experience managing and delivering complex and critical programs
* Strong financial and analytics skills with experience tracking and maximizing the return on technology investments
* Demonstrating a blend of technology solution development, functional architecture, and program management skills
* Conducting baseline assessments, building a future state vision, and developing actionable implementation plans
* Preparing concise, accurate documents and maintaining project economics while remaining flexible as unanticipated issues arise
* Managing multiple engagements and client needs
* Prioritizing tasks in a client-driven environment
* Providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner
* Keeping leadership informed of progress and issues, and answering questions and offer direction to staff
* Creating a positive environment while managing staff workloads
* Interfacing with organizational managers
* Exhibiting IT implementation skills, specifically with large-scale technology transformation programs (i.e., strategy through execution)
* Demonstrating IT strategy skills by being able to develop and document business visions, technology strategies, and project roadmaps
* Demonstrating IT documentation skills in producing technical deliverables through all phases of the SDLC (requirements, business analyses, data-flow diagrams, data models, design)
* Communicating knowledge of the SDLC and product and project life cycles by using business analysis and data architecture
* Showing extensive program management, communication and presentation skills including the ability to liaise with technical and business teams and clearly articulate technology concepts to business audiences, in order to drive projects to completion
Weaver is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Employee Referral Program Eligible