Are you a transportation professional with leadership ability, excellent problem-solving skills and a can-do attitude? Are you passionate about customer service, logistics and safety? This is a rare opportunity to step into a key role with one of America’s top providers of specialty recycling services.
We are looking for a Station Manager for our San Antonio, TX location. This is a critical role responsible for oversight of all Station activities including: transportation functions, environmental and legal concerns, Station employees, trap services, route operations, and all supervisors and drivers.
As a member of the team, you can expect:
- Competitive salary
- Great Benefits – medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, paid time off
- $500-$1000 annual contribution towards healthcare
- 3% guaranteed contribution to your 401(k) account
- Advancement opportunities – We are always looking for key players motivated to move up into higher level roles.
- Environmental impact – Make a positive impact on the environment and feel good about what you are doing! You are helping to recycle useful by-products that would normally go into the landfill.
- Plans, distributes, monitors, and follows-up daily work assignments and all necessary resources to ensure all business tasks are performed in an ethical and cost-effective manner and ensures that customers are serviced per Company standards and agreements.
- Oversees the planning for routing of vehicles to various customer and Company locations throughout the assigned service area maintaining both compliance with DOT rules and regulations and achieving customer satisfaction.
- Works closely with Field Service Representatives in both maintaining/growing customer base and addressing/resolving any service-related issues.
- Coordinates equipment repairs with the Company truck shop and/or outside maintenance vendor to ensure maximum utilization and up-time.
- Maintains the facility in a clean and safe manner. Adheres to all laws to maintain compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Maintains the proper inventory of parts required to perform minimal repairs on vehicles and for the overall operation of the facility. Maintains the computerized inventory system.
- Safety & Compliance:
- Ensures that Station employees work safely and in compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Ensures that drivers receive adequate training and operate in compliance with all Federal, State, Local and Company regulations, policies and procedures.
- Monitors Omnitracs reports to:
- Ensure all Omnitracs units are operating properly
- Maximize equipment use and utilization
- Control drivers Hours of Service and follows up on HOS opportunities
- Maintain route integrity
- Has overall responsibility for accident investigations, reporting, follow-up and discipline if necessary in accordance with Company policy.
- Maintains/monitors reports and data entry related areas to ensure performance is meeting established Company expectations.
- Keeps management advised of performance opportunities and recommends solutions.
- Ensures that all Company policy requirements and guidelines are communicated and adhered to by all employees.
- Manages employees to include:
- Periodic reviews, coaching and counseling
- Mentoring and training employees
- Scheduling of employees and controlling overtime
- Interviewing and hiring prospective employee candidates
About the Company: Since 1949, Valley Proteins, Inc. has been a leader in recycling used cooking oils and animal by-products into high-quality ingredients for biodiesel, livestock feed, and pet foods. Our focus is on customer service and protecting our environment for a sustainable future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or status as a protected veteran.