Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride - pride in your ability and your product. UnitedHealth Group offers a portfolio of products that are greatly improving the life of others. Bring along your passion and do your life's best work.(sm)
The Strategic Account Executive manages ongoing client relationships and service delivery for an assigned book of business. The Strategic Account Executive acts as the client centric, client facing resource for assigned clients. Represents clients internally as advocate and coordinates with other functional areas within the company to implement client benefits, complete projects and address service needs. May work closely with sales on prospective clients and RFP responses. Strategic Account Executive is responsible for the up-selling of appropriate services to clients, renewal of existing contracts and retention of membership and client satisfaction.
The Strategic Account Executive is the owner of the client relationship.
Must be self-directed and able to work in a less structured environment. Candidate will be able to hold themselves accountable. Can be a resource, coach and teacher to others. Must be able to assess and interpret customer needs and requirements and identify solutions and company capabilities. Can translate concepts into practice. Able to work on complex problems and issues and provide innovative and effective solutions that support both the client and the company's goals and objectives.
If you are located in the Eastern U.S., you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Secure renewal and upselling programs
- Manage ongoing contract relationships and service delivery to clients for ten or more accounts
- Act as outward - facing, dedicated resource for assigned accounts, typically with direct client contact (not call center) and large or complex accounts
- Build relationships with the appropriate IUOE client contact, consultant and administrator
- Represent client internally and coordinates with other functions to implement client systems, complete projects, and address ongoing service needs
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of direct client relationship management or Account Management experience
- 5+ years of experience within the PBM industry
- Direct experience in working with intermediaries such as consultants and administrators
- Experience working with Labor and Trust clients
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Client facing presentation experience
- Experience cross-selling / upselling products to customers
- Ability to work in self-motivated environment with limited supervision
- Ability to Travel 40%-50% to visit client base
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Advanced understanding of PBM industry, OptumRx systems and software knowledge (RxClaim, Mail systems, etc.)
- Able to demonstrate professionalism both with internal and external clients
- Able to consistently meet or exceed key performance indicators
- Solid oral and written communication
- Solid negotiation skills
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you'll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you're empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Strategic Account Executive, Telecommute, Remote, Work from Home